Darts 2020

Can't see why he's bothering, he never had the commitment the last few years he was playing, and he can't be short of a few quid.
Lost a large chunk of his income with all the exhibitions being cancelled.
Gave an interview on his comeback saying he had a lot of personal issues he was dealing with the last couple years and had had enough of travelling.
Think it is about the money tbf as to why hes coming back, mind you he did beat the power in skys lockdown exhibition so you never know

Gave an interview on his comeback saying he had a lot of personal issues he was dealing with the last couple years and had had enough of travelling.
Think it is about the money tbf as to why hes coming back, mind you he did beat the power in skys lockdown exhibition so you never know
Fair play to him if he wants to get involved again, but just feel his time at the top level has gone.
Just seen that Van Gerwen got well beaten in Germany at the weekend, seems to be happening to him in most of the tournaments at the moment.

Last edited:

Traded in Sylvia for a much younger model iirc. I’m guessing the subsequent divorce has had more of an impact on his bank balance than he was hoping for!

Can't see Van Gerwen doing much on current form, probably someone from Gerwyn Price, Anderson, Wright, or Aspinall for me.
Anderson has cross first round mind, price is playing excellent as is aspinall if you like betting there is value everywhere even mvg is 3/1 but has a tough first round

what do we reckon it is with MVG? he's completely lost the nigh on invicible aura and is now regularly getting turned over. changing back to his old darts hasn't really helped either. I know he won a pro tour event a few weeks back but was hardly convincing.

presume it's maybe a motivational issue. when you've won everything he has what reason does he have to practice as much as he used to especially now he's got a young family.

probably walk the Grand Prix now :lol:

what do we reckon it is with MVG? he's completely lost the nigh on invicible aura and is now regularly getting turned over. changing back to his old darts hasn't really helped either. I know he won a pro tour event a few weeks back but was hardly convincing.

presume it's maybe a motivational issue. when you've won everything he has what reason does he have to practice as much as he used to especially now he's got a young family.

He has definitely lost something & he knows it, just look at him during the walk on, he looks so nervous...., + there are so many good players now & no one player dominates like the Power used to.

Has to be confidence surely, wouldn't be surprised if he won it, also wouldn't be surprised if he gets beat first round lol

I agree but price is even worse I'd like aspinall to win canny bloke and he's confident without being arrogant
I don't get the Price haters, I think it's an act with him, quality player though ;), Aspinall comes across as a decent fella, seems to get on well with everyone on the circuit.

I don't get the Price haters, I think it's an act with him, quality player though ;), Aspinall comes across as a decent fella, seems to get on well with everyone on the circuit.
I don't mind him probably because I bet on him and aspinall often are you putting any bets on? Mind I can't stand mvg haha don't like Wright as well

I don't mind him probably because I bet on him and aspinall often are you putting any bets on? Mind I can't stand mvg haha don't like Wright as well
My small punt will be on Price...., don't dislike Wright, but Cringe at his "dancing ", and his gibberish interviews :eek:

Back