Darts 2018

Depends who it is though. It's always interesting when big names go out early, but you don't really want too many. If someone like Aspinall, Humphries or Dobey capitalise then it can bode well, but if you're left with a L16 or QF of something like Darren Webster vs Ratajski, both top 21 seeds, then it's not quite the same. Probably generally lead to less competitive latter stage matches as well, with some of these players not being able to follow up a standout performance.

I'll still be watching with interest, but with 3 top 9 seeds out already (as mentioned above), I do hope a bit of order is restored soon.

Depends who it is though. It's always interesting when big names go out early, but you don't really want too many. If someone like Aspinall, Humphries or Dobey capitalise then it can bode well, but if you're left with a L16 or QF of something like Darren Webster vs Ratajski, both top 21 seeds, then it's not quite the same. Probably generally lead to less competitive latter stage matches as well, with some of these players not being able to follow up a standout performance.

I'll still be watching with interest, but with 3 top 9 seeds out already (as mentioned above), I do hope a bit of order is restored soon.
Need Wright gurney Aspinall price to progress and Anderson

That totally depends what bets you have mate, if Gurney, Wright, Anderson and MVG stay in, every other seed can get knocked out as early as possible for me :D
Price going early would be prefect!

Last edited:

Very much so, always good to have a couple of outsiders in the mix at the business end of things, the tournament needs those heavyweight clashes too though. The organisers will be papping themselves if the seeds keep tumbling at such a rate.

Back