Darts 2018

he's going to go flying up the rankings. 50k alone for getting to the semi's and you'd fancy him against Smith who's so inconsistent

Last edited:
I got inro the Prem League darts and got to know the 8/9 players. Seems more or different players in this tournament. Who are they and are they lesser ranked as not in the Prem League?

I got inro the Prem League darts and got to know the 8/9 players. Seems more or different players in this tournament. Who are they and are they lesser ranked as not in the Prem League?
Premier league is pretty much the players ranked 1-10 these days. This is the top 16 plus the 16 highest ranked in the players championship order of merit.

5 of the 8 quarter finalists are familiar - Cross recent world champ, Wright and Wade need no introduction, Smith made the PDC world final earlier this year, and Gurney has been a top 4/5 player for a while now, so that leaves 3. Durrant is a 3 time BDO champ and definitely among the 10 best players in the world (even when in the BDO) and just switched to the PDC earlier this year.

King is a veteran on both codes and a typical last 16 type player. Bunting is another former BDO champ and switched about 3 or 4 years ago. I'm sure he has played in the PDC Premier League since he switched, but again more like a 15-30 player at the moment. Anderson and MVG went out pretty early.

Last edited:
5 of the 8 quarter finalists are familiar - Cross recent world champ, Wright and Wade need no introduction, Smith made the PDC world final earlier this year, and Gurney has been a top 4/5 player for a while now, so that leaves 3. Durrant is a 3 time BDO champ and definitely among the 10 best players in the world (even when in the BDO) and just switched to the PDC earlier this year.

King is a veteran on both codes and a typical last 16 type player. Bunting is another former BDO champ and switched about 3 or 4 years ago. I'm sure he has played in the PDC Premier League since he switched, but again more like a 15-30 player at the moment. Anderson and MVG went out pretty early.

Smith was awful in the Prem League, and Wright not much better so surprised to see them in semis.

Back