Darts 2018

I'll be rooting for him in all tournaments from now on like hes a class act. Wont be putting my money on him for the match play though but happy with my money on him for the worlds. Will do well at the match play though imo. Ha way The Asp :cool:

matchplay draw

Gerwyn price vs bunting

Mvg vs beaton

Gary Anderson vs noppert

Peter wright vs vvdv

Chizzy vs max hopp

Clayton vs keegan brown

Mensur vs wattimena

Aspinall vs merv king

Rob cross vs chris dobey

Adrian lewis vs duzza

Darren webster vs ratajski

Micheal smith vs Jamie hughes

Gurney vs ricky evans

Whitlock vs big john Henderson

James wade vs jeff de zwaan

Ian white vs joe cullen

Some close ties in there. Fancy Dobey to upset Cross and Hughes will run Smith close. Rajatski is the best value to take a seeded player out as Webster's had a poor year.

Can see Duzza sending Jackpot packing too.

Last edited:
matchplay starts tomorrow

peter wright fresh off the back of a german masters title at the weekend and winning both PC 19 & 20 during the week, looks a decent bet at 10/1 in the non MVG half of the draw
Actually cant wait. I've got James Wade fiver on with sky bet at 22/1 but be cheering on Nathan Aspinall, hope he does well. Hes first up against Mervin King tomorrow night.

matchplay starts tomorrow

peter wright fresh off the back of a german masters title at the weekend and winning both PC 19 & 20 during the week, looks a decent bet at 10/1 in the non MVG half of the draw

His form has really picked up in the last week and he's a good bet to get into the last 4 but I can never really envisage him winning a big major like the Matchplay, he seems to lack something mentally to get him over the line and is probably a bit scarred by all his major final defeats.

I can't see any real surprises in the latter stages of the tournament. Price, Wright, MVG and Wade my likely final 4.

All starts tonight. Chris Dobey plays tonight.

£10000 for the first round losers. Big money for Durrant who is in his first year and will help Dobey consolidate top 32

Last edited:
Probably the best tournament in darts for me. Just a bit of class about it.

Only have to look at the draw to see the quality in darts these days. Think the seeds will progress in most of the matches but wouldn’t at all be surprised if they don’t. King perhaps setting the tone.

Price out, what a shame.

Tight match that, surprised Bunting was the one to get over the line to be honest. Could probably be a top player if he didn't need 4 darts to hit a double.

Back