Darts 2018

Didn't watch the game but Peter Wright needs to have a good look at himself. Nice bloke but the constant pissing around with darts and time it takes with his hair and outfits.... He needs to sort himself out

Cullen or Smith?

I'm in two minds about Wright going out. I have a Smith bet and with PW being in the bottom half, it can't be bad, but on the other hand, I think you generally would rather see e.g. Wright vs Cullen then Alcinas vs Cullen as a neutral.
Think I'd rather they got through a few rounds then get upsets against half decent players

Tonight's schedule:
Vincent van der Voort v Lourence Ilagan (R1)
Wayne Jones v Devon Petersen (R1)
Ryan Joyce v Anastasia Dobromyslova (R1)
Raymond van Barneveld v Darius Labanauskas (R2)

Has Barney got heed/hair dot tats ?
Yes. Was just about to say once you nearing 60 you wouldn't bother. Does look better than before mind.

So, 8 first round matches to go. There's been 7 players with averages in the 70s and another with 80 and 81. Some of the qualifiers have given good accounts of themselves and some have come through their first round matches but overall, I don't think it has been a positive. You could say it gives Sky extra content, others a chance to watch live and players the chance to play on the big stage who might not normally, but ultimately I'd much rather just see the best 64 players in the world pushing each other on and producing consistent good matches.

Having one 2nd round match a session and someone like MVG, Barney, Anderson etc. headlining stops people just sacking the first round off, but there's been a lot of mediocrity so far.

Last edited:
2 big names out in successive night in Round 2. Big Labanauskas is a bit of a BDO worlds stalwart.

A bit of a shame for the tournament as most would rather see MVG vs RVB in the 4th round (or whenever they were due to meet) rather than the Lithuanian, same with Wright vs Smith instead of Alcinas vs the latter. He wasn't great that first set mind.

Barney out. Personally think he may well bring that retirement forward. No guarantee he'll even qualify the worlds next year.

I wonder if they ever consider bringing in wildcards for this going forward? They do in the 4 tennis grand slams and of course in the Premier League, so wouldn't be a huge shock if they did think about it. Could get Taylor back for a cameo.

Do you reckon we'll see Taylor in some capacity in this tournament? Thought he'd be all over the punditry.

Last edited:
Tuesday December 18
Afternoon Session (1230)

Robert Thornton v Daniel Larsson (R1)
Ricky Evans v Rowby-John Rodriguez (R1)
Krzysztof Ratajski v Seigo Asada (R1)
Darren Webster v Vincent Van der Voort (R2)

Evening Session (1900)
Steve Lennon v James Bailey (R1)
Ron Meulenkamp v Diogo Portela (R1)
Dimitri Van den Bergh v Chuck Puleo (R1)
Daryl Gurney v Ross Smith (R2)

Back