BBC Darren Bent's beach ball goal 10 years on - five things you may not know

RTG

Robot
Staff member
From BBC Sport.

Ten years on from Darren Bent's beach-ball goal for Sunderland against Liverpool, we pick out five things you may not know about one of the Premier League's most famous strikes.

more...

From BBC Sport.

Ten years on from Darren Bent's beach-ball goal for Sunderland against Liverpool, we pick out five things you may not know about one of the Premier League's most famous strikes.

more...

""One fan told me to get my coffin ready, another said he'd make me into a curry. " :lol:
as threats go being curried is a novel one, going madras on your ass

Last edited:
From BBC Sport.

more...

I was in the North Stand and couldn't figure out what happened! Has to text my Dad who was watching Uncle Jeff on Soccer Saturday and told me the crack! :lol:

The beachball was impartial.

It was non binary

It was only there because the space hopper could not agree terms

Darren bent though it would be a humongous trick to score that way

we have tried ever since to replicate that kind of fortune, but qualified beachballs are hard to find

there will be a podcast to explain all, tune in for the facts.

I was gutted. I was in hospital undergoing knee surgery when that game was played. A nurse told me the score and how it came about shortly after I’d come to. I honestly thought I was still tripping out from the anaesthetic when he told me about the beach ball.

Back