Darren Bent - a retrospective

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've just watched his Villa interview on sky. What a horrible piece of trash the bloke really is.

Enjoy the extra cash in your pocket Darren, I can assure you it won't be worth it when you retire. You were already earning monolopy money.

Do any players want to leave a legacy anymore? Bizarely in this day and age of huge wages it would be easier for them to stay loyal, rather than the days of when they really did have to think of the future

Surprised he passed the medical with all the bruises on his shins.

His luck is running out, in the past he has been the jammiest kent to ever swing a banjo at a cows arse.

Looking forward to Catts snapping him in half next season if they stay up.

. He's a footballer who has left to get more money, something we would all do, even if we loved our job, and were offered twice as much elsewhere.
Were acting like our lass has been telling us she loves us but then fucked off with the ugly twat down the road. It's not that fkn bad!
Gyan and welbeck have been the best partnershipthis season.
Get a grip ffs

Speak for yourself. We're not all money grabbing goons.

He is delusional if the thinks it will be forgotten or that people will remember him fondly in time. He will get dog's abuse at SoL whenever he plays there for rest of his career. And rightly so. Not because he left but because of all the Keep The Faith bollocks, shallow platitudes and blatant lies.

Exactly right. I just said to my wife: if he was a f***ing mercenary all along and was in it for the money, then fine. But everything he said, everything he posted on his f***ing Twitter was a lie where the club was concerned. If a player leaves for more money, I don't fault that at all. It's understandable. But I think we all figured he was different -- based on his own words, which we now know mean fuck all.

Jesus, I hope he reads this thread. What a ****.

Well what a lying odious f***ing piece a shit he turned out to be.
A f***ing badge kissing bellend. No wonder the Spurs fans turned on him so much. We now know why.

We f***ing played the mags with 10 men. He already had his letter to sir prepared. When we equalised late on he wasn't interested.f***ing shameful. Shameful. £50,000 a week he was getting and he wasn't interested in us equalising v Newcastle. Dummy out the minute we signed Gyan it would appear.

He may need a Lee Clark-style "thigh strain" when Villa play up here next - who knows it could be as early as next season should Villa manage to stay up.

The stick he will get will be immense. And it will be deserved. I will boo the wanker like fuck. I've never done it for anyone but I f***ing well will next time that bastard arrives in town with his slightly effiminate voice.
He may need his mam.

He has shafted us and left us completely in the lurch. It could ruin our season, though I doubt it as Brucey is a wise old wheeler and dealer.

I only hope that Villa don't go to trading standards when they realise they are committed to £24 million for a player who often cannot actually strike a ball cleanly and has the first touch of a virgin.

Yes, a top class goalscorer but not a class act in any other way.

Oh and I know you'll read this at some point Darren. You probably have your own name in every search engine of every website on the internet.
I hope it doesn't hurt your apparently tender feelings.

I guess £80K a week will ease the hurt. It will buy a few new Xbox games for you to fuck about on while the fans that idolised you go to work.

Top post son, well said....and Darren if you're reading this...didn't you have enough money already?.....and what a way to repay steve bruce.....complete lack of class Darren...enjoy your money.

I'm surprised that even some of the mature posters on here are behaving like jilted schoolgirls. "But he told us he loved us!" Oh FFS.

He's joined another company for more money. That's all.

He didn't love us. He said he did because footbal is show business and it's part of the act.

When Gyan patted the badge over his heart on Sunday after scoring did you think he was being sincere? Well, maybe after a fashion he was - he wants to be loved. And he knows that such sentimental bollocks helps woo a large element of the fanbase.

Personally, I don't care what an arsehole we now think Bent was. Bottom line is he earned his crust when he played for us. And he has left us with a very tidy profit for reinvestment. He also left after a protracted period of poor form. His best performances were when the team was organised around him. That was never going to be a long-term plan. My guess is we will do as well without him and will now see the best of Gyan.

Maybe he will rediscover last year's form with Villa. I don't care either way as long as it's not at our expense. All I care about is Sunderland and we have come out of this very well. 18-24m is an astounding amount for Bent.

Very good business for SAFC.

Just watched the press conference and never have I seen a player less enthused about a move than that.

What an odious, lying little cuntweasle he is

"What a catalyst you turned out to be
Load up your guns then run off home for your tea"

A f***ing badge kissing bellend. No wonder the Spurs fans turned on him so much. We now know why.

We f***ing played the mags with 10 men. He already had his letter to sir prepared. When we equalised late on he wasn't interested.f***ing shameful. Shameful. £50,000 a week he was getting and he wasn't interested in us equalising v Newcastle. Dummy out the minute we signed Gyan it would appear.

He may need a Lee Clark-style "thigh strain" when Villa play up here next - who knows it could be as early as next season should Villa manage to stay up.

The stick he will get will be immense. And it will be deserved. I will boo the wanker like fuck. I've never done it for anyone but I f***ing well will next time that bastard arrives in town with his slightly effiminate voice.
He may need his mam.

He has shafted us and left us completely in the lurch. It could ruin our season, though I doubt it as Brucey is a wise old wheeler and dealer.

I only hope that Villa don't go to trading standards when they realise they are committed to £24 million for a player who often cannot actually strike a ball cleanly and has the first touch of a virgin.

Oh and I know you'll read this at some point Darren. You probably have your own name in every search engine of every website on the internet.

I guess £80K a week will ease the hurt. It will buy a few new Xbox games for you to fuck about on while the fans that idolised you go to work.
100% spot on

Spot on post from toosb. Its all well and good to say that its to be expected and he served his purpose etc etc but i can't agree. I want to talk about players i am in awe of and players who i would queue up for just to get an autograph. I was devastated when Gabbiadini left and also when we lost SKP. I wouldn't cross the road to speak to the likes of Bent and its so f***ing sad. If it wasn't for Quinn i would be seriously considering watching non league games. Totally depressing.

He may need his mam.

Superb

I'm surprised that even some of the mature posters on here are behaving like jilted schoolgirls. "But he told us he loved us!" Oh FFS.

He's joined another company for more money. That's all.

He didn't love us. He said he did because footbal is show business and it's part of the act.

When Gyan patted the badge over his heart on Sunday after scoring did you think he was being sincere? Well, maybe after a fashion he was - he wants to be loved. And he knows that such sentimental bollocks helps woo a large element of the fanbase.

Personally, I don't care what an arsehole we now think Bent was. Bottom line is he earned his crust when he played for us. And he has left us with a very tidy profit for reinvestment. He also left after a protracted period of poor form. His best performances were when the team was organised around him. That was never going to be a long-term plan. My guess is we will do as well without him and will now see the best of Gyan.

Maybe he will rediscover last year's form with Villa. I don't care either way as long as it's not at our expense. All I care about is Sunderland and we have come out of this very well. 18-24m is an astounding amount for Bent.

Very good business for SAFC.

All true and very well expressed...it doesn't invalidate what the OP said though.You're both right.

Yesterday I found out that after a few long and hard months after finishing Uni, I finally got offered a decent job that'll start off my working life.

Yesterday I also found out that Darren Bent wanted to fuck off to Villa, basically for more money.

In these times I'm just grateful that I've been given an opportunity by someone, and that greedy bastard couldn't even spoil my week.

So Darren if you ever read this, fuck off you money grabbing cock, I hope you go down with Villa. You would have been part of something big here, but decided to piss it up a wall for a few extra £££.

In the words of Roy Keane, WE MOVE ON.

Narcissistic personality disorder with a sprinkling of Messiah Complex.

When he was eclipsed by Gyan and Welbeck, and the club had the temerity to refuse his perfectly reasonable request for a massive pay rise, he came to believe that The People were losing faith in him. He wasn't The Messiah, he was a naughty boy. This conflicted with his world view and was unacceptabe to his ego.

And so he ran away to be The One somewhere else.

Absolutely spot on. Out of the 746,503,675,624 posts in 48 hours on the matter, none have put it so accurately and succinctly.

He may need his mam.

Agree 100%. Bent is a CUNT (and that's insulting to cunts)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back