1. The forums are temporarily closed for new registrations
    We expect to re-open for new users towards the end of July.
    Dismiss Notice

Darren Bent - a retrospective

Discussion in 'Gold' started by toosb, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichD

RichD Striker

great post BTW

Remember this, players come and go, Sunland stays with us for ever

2. daveyc

daveyc Winger

I must say this thread has produced some cracking posts. Everyone heartfelt, passionate and though provoking. I would type one too but I can't be arsed. Well done felllas. KFT.

3. Kentucky Fried Turkey?

Kevin Fuckin' Turvey?

Kill False Tweeters?

4. Paddy O'Dors

Paddy O'Dors Striker

Loved Kevin Turvey Investigates when I was a lad like. Probably showed how immature I was cos I cringe now when I look at it. :)

5. ASM

ASM Guest

He shouldn't be described as a , as a is notas offensive

No wonder Harry was so keen to see this self-centred illiterate Arse Face leave WHL

He is an odious specimen

I really hope He is injured as a debutant

Then, He can "look after" Mummy in his own (un)usual way

What a total He is

Harry was right about him - wise old Dirty Harry !

Harry Redknapp blasted Darren Bent after his amazing late miss and claimed: "My missus could have scored that."

The furious Tottenham boss blew his top on the touchline after Bent's amazing 80th minute howler and screamed at his coaching staff: "How the fucking hell did he miss that?"

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...-amazing-miss-article31458.html#ixzz1BRVeztJo

Apologies, the **** disappeared from my script

Just like DB has disappeared -

DB = Deceitful Bastard

6. Well said :) Sums up perfectly.

7. fuck him - he's not the first, won't be the last

We Are Sunderland - he never was

8. burchmackem

burchmackem Striker

He certainly acted like he was. And therein lies the problem.

9. chr1s1973

chr1s1973 Striker

This.

10. Welcome to the board, Asamoah !

11. Texasmac

Texasmac Midfield

Although I bow to your professional knowledge, he's nee Sidney Poitier lyke.

12. burchmackem

burchmackem Striker

But he was pretty good. Oscar-worthy. :evil:

13. godfrey

godfrey Full Back

on my lunch break so haven't read all posts, but agree that he didn't seem to enjoy sharing the limelight and more importantly sharing the goals.

14. Yep. There's a load of dummies being hoyed to be honest.

15. bobbypark

bobbypark Striker

Well done fella, and thanks saved me the time to write my own feelings down.

16. SAFC_FTM

SAFC_FTM Full Back

more like Sidney Potter

watching that press conference last night made me cringe. utter bull$hit coming from DB and Houiller's gob.

Loved Houiller's crack that Bent was there for long haul cos he had signed a 4 year contract :lol:

17. Besty

Besty Guest

Thats absolutely superb!

18. Almost Genius

Almost Genius Striker

what a superb thread this is
    some proper feelings for SAFC, our club, been written with feeling
    hopefully you wont turn around in 18 months time and decide to support another club for footballing reasons :roll:

the money grabbing wanker
    the way he has turned his back on the fans is shocking

you see the likes of ferdy getting stick week after week and they make no noises, no twisting at all
    they work at the problems, they stick it out, work their way back in and gain the respect of the fans..and really earn it, not for arse kissing...for hard work

Bent walks in for a record fee after his twitter stuff to a heros welcome
    gets off to a flyer and has his best season..because Bruce, Quinn and Ellis took that risk on him...they took that punt that could have went so badly wrong and gave the lad a chance to prove he was good...resulting in England call ups etc

season finishes and the fucker wants to ditch us right away to go to Turkey for mega bucks...decides to stay...scuffs in a few more goals...half arsed in training and on the pitch...the sensitive soul
    all the while though through this 18 month he's telling the fans how he loves it, how he wants to be a legend..and as little as 4 weeks ago telling that he'd love to sign a contract extension and telling twitter he never wants to leave here

then after the derby...not just any game, the biggest home game of the season..after another wank "performance" by him, he pulls hit transfer request out his kit bag and fucks off to the team in the bottom 6

what a wanker
    what a let down

give me a phil bardsley over darren bent any day
    at least his performances are actually on the pitch and not on twitter

19. Slippery Jim

Slippery Jim Striker

Can I nominate this as thread of the season?

Well said, especially Toosb, Legend and GG!

20. Ernie

Ernie Winger

the problem is that with the vitriol now being spouted I guess no player will be prepared to ever say he loves the club, loves the region, loves the fans......we love steed (well I do) and he doesn't go around kissing the badge (never scores mind!) and declaring his love of all things safc.....I am sure Benty did love the club...something more (other than money) has happened, I know not what, and he has fallen out of love. It happens to us all at some time. I don't think we should be too harsh on him when, for example, Gyan came here for the money. If we are going to be a top six side signing big players we are going to have to get used to this type of player who will move on at the drop of a hat.
    Let the dust settle, but remember Benty's goals kept us up last season, and he was being paid peanuts relatively speaking. Just another misguided footballer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.