Darkest Hour

Just been watching this biopic of Winston Churchill. Has there been a politician since who could have galvanised the country together like he did.
I don't believe we would be where we are now had anyone else been in charge.
Not 1 politician could lick that man's boots with their abilities and attributes.
Could you imagine this place with May, Corbyn,Thatcher,foot, and Cameron had been in control at that period of time.
As a war leader nobody can touch him. Other than that he is rather divisive.

Just been watching this biopic of Winston Churchill. Has there been a politician since who could have galvanised the country together like he did.
Not 1 politician could lick that man's boots with their abilities and attributes.
Could you imagine this place with May, Corbyn,Thatcher,foot, and Cameron had been in control at that period of time.

We’re desperately in need of his like right now.

Sadly the quality of the people in the Country were miles ahead.

Useless for the rest of his long career mind. The Toto Scillacci of politicians

If you read up on him, he tried to implement a lot of improvements for the working man, early on in his career when he was a member of the Liberals. Also, him and Clement Attlee (in my opinion the greatest Labour leader of all time) worked very well together. Both willing to see things from both sides, unlike the shower of shit we have today.
Obviously his treatment of the miners let him down, as my Grandad told me all about. But he deserves respect for his leadership in Britain's gravest period.

During his funeral procession up the Thames the dockers dipped the cranes in tribute.

However they only did it because they were paid.Evidently he wasn't popular.

From what I can gather he was hated by his peers and thought of as a bit of an arsehole. They put that to one side because they realised he was exactly what was necessary when the gloves were off. The perfect man for the times, the country and the world. He had been warning everyone until he was blue in the face about what was coming. Thank fuck politicians in those days could see the big picture and put petty self interest to one side for the greater good. 90% of the bastards these days aren't fit to lick his statue's stone toecaps. Can anybody recommend the best biography of him?

Useless for the rest of his long career mind. The Toto Scillacci of politicians
:lol:
Niiice.
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Watched the film, thought it balanced his clear deficiencies against his sheer will and ultimately, defiance.

No shit Sherlock.

This. Cracking film
Gona give it a wirl on your recommendation.

Back