Dark Waters.

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
The most astonishing part was that DuPont were legally allowed to tell the Environmental Protection Agency what constituted the sort of chemical that they would need to monitor.

They then neglected to tell them that the chemical used in the production of Teflon was dangerous so the EPA didn't actually monitor how they were disposing of it.

I know. They pay me my f***ing pension. But, more importantly, how do you know who I worked for in the 80s/early 90s?
When you had your COVID jab the other week? I hacked into your Bill Gates chip and it gave me your employment history. Done worry, I deleted all of your bank details and passwords.

When you had your COVID jab the other week? I hacked into your Bill Gates chip and it gave me your employment history. Done worry, I deleted all of your bank details and passwords.
Bugger. That must have been the day that Tesco were late delivering the fresh batch of Bacofoil
It's a brand name. Today's Teflon no longer includes the chemicals it did back then.

Thank God for that. The remaining 1% of the planet's population that haven't got C8 from Teflon running through their veins already would be shitting themselves otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the 80s I worked in the Chemical and Pharma industries. My recollection was that Du Pont were held up as the epitome of all things Heakth and Safety and iirc they issued ‘standards’ to which other organisations could pay to sign up to and gain certification. I’m pretty hazy in the detail. It was a while ago.
my company paid for a dozen of us to go to the DuPont factory nr Ahmedabad in India as they were the world experts in managing safety in the 3rd world

they were kidding themselves and we told them so - got a bit heated at one point, I bet they hated us. One example was no employee was allowed to travel to work on a motorbike because it wasn't safe. From the window we could see hundreds of the things in a field just over the road where they parked them and walked to work !

Ironically, the company you worked for in the late 80s/ early 90s are now owned by DuPont.

We’re both idiots. They aren’t owned by Du Pont at all. Unless you count the merger that created the new company (and name) in 2017. The name, and parent company of the merger - which existed long beforehand - starts with a ‘D’ though.

I wouldn’t have known they had anything to do with me pension had I not made the mistake of confusing the names and looking it up.
It makes me wonder whether there's other everyday things now that are causing cancer but we just don't know about them yet.

I’d say that’s almost guaranteed. Just as there are probably causes of pollution, other types of diseases and even viruses caused by human activity and encroachment on habitats previously not explored that we are clueless about at present. We’ll probably find out that bacofoil causes brain tumours and all those tin foil hats were a really bad idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
We’re both idiots. They aren’t owned by Du Pont at all. Unless you count the merger that created the new company (and name) in 2017. The name, and parent company of the merger - which existed long beforehand - starts with a ‘D’ though.

I wouldn’t have known they had anything to do with me pension had I not made the mistake of confusing the names and looking it up.

I’d say that’s almost guaranteed. Just as there are probably causes of pollution, other types of diseases and even viruses caused by human activity and encroachment on habitats previously not explored that we are clueless about at present. We’ll probably find out that bacofoil causes brain tumours and all those tin foil hats were a really bad idea.
Part of the original company at which you worked is owned by Dow and part by DuPont. The businesses that were at the plant you worked at are now with either Dow or DuPont.

Part of the original company at which you worked is owned by Dow and part by DuPont. The businesses that were at the plant you worked at are now with either Dow or DuPont.
I know. Dow.

Merger/Acquisition in 2017 to incorporate Du Pont.

Back