Dark Waters.

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 14766

Forgive me but I posted this on another thread on the Coronavirus sub forum - but I think it warrants a separate post coz I thought some of you might find it interesting/horrifying.

I watched a film recently.

Dark Water Wiki

Article about Dark Water

...and I’d recommend you watch it and/or research the background to it.

If you don’t think it’s relevant let me just poin out one of the snippets flashed on screen at the end of the film - based on truth and featuring real people most of whom still live - regarding the carcinogenic substance that was *knowingly* released for decades (since the 70s until very recently) killing thousands and *is now present in 99% of the human population on the planet*.

If that can happen. If Chernobyl can happen (which was a narrow escape from something utterly catastrophic in the extreme) ... then a Wuhan focused fuck up COULD have happened related to the current crisis, plus any number of other similarly horrific state enabled outrages could be going on now. And I’m confident that it will be covered up alongside a whole lot of other stuff that we’ll never hear about.

I’m not one for conspiracy theories or outrage but it made me feel kind of helpless. I’ll need to push it to the back of my mind.

Forgive me but I posted this on another thread on the Coronavirus sub forum - but I think it warrants a separate post coz I thought some of you might find it interesting/horrifying.

Dark Water Wiki

Article about Dark Water

If you don’t think it’s relevant let me just poin out one of the snippets flashed on screen at the end of the film - based on truth and featuring real people most of whom still live - regarding the carcinogenic substance that was *knowingly* released for decades (since the 70s until very recently) killing thousands and *is now present in 99% of the human population on the planet*.

If that can happen. If Chernobyl can happen (which was a narrow escape from something utterly catastrophic in the extreme) ... then a Wuhan focused fuck up COULD have happened related to the current crisis, plus any number of other similarly horrific state enabled outrages could be going on now. And I’m confident that it will be covered up alongside a whole lot of other stuff that we’ll never hear about.

I’m not one for conspiracy theories or outrage but it made me feel kind of helpless. I’ll need to push it to the back of my mind.

It's a very very good film, but also very sobering and definately engages the brain to thinking of how the world works.

Dark Water Wiki

Article about Dark Water

Excellent film.

Highlights how evil humans can be. And how corruption is all around us.

Well worth a watch.
I’m not quite sure what the suggested link is to Corona but the film stands on its own merits.

The big lesson out of it for me was the need for robust regulation and accountable politicians - something which sadly seems to be slipping away in the U.K.

Last edited:
It's a very very good film, but also very sobering and definately engages the brain to thinking of how the world works.
Teflon has basically poisoned everyone on the planet
Well worth a watch.
I’m not quite sure what the suggested link is to Corona but the film stands on its own merits.

The big lesson out of it for me was the need for robust regulation and accountable politicians - something which sadly seems to be slipping away in the U.K.
I think he’s saying if DuPont done this then the coronavirus could have been made in a lab and accidentally unleashed. It’s not as far fetched as you think when you see that DuPont done

Last edited:
In the 80s I worked in the Chemical and Pharma industries. My recollection was that Du Pont were held up as the epitome of all things Heakth and Safety and iirc they issued ‘standards’ to which other organisations could pay to sign up to and gain certification. I’m pretty hazy in the detail. It was a while ago.

By then, of course, their lords and masters had knowingly been killing people for between 15 and 20 years and would continue for another 20.
Teflon has basically poisoned everyone on the planet

I think he’s saying if DuPont done this then the coronavirus could have been made in a lab and accidentally unleashed. It’s not as far fetched as you think when you see that DuPont done

Quite.

Sounds a bit tin foily to me.
If you think that you can just read the reports about the reality or the court reports if you’re pedantic. Plenty of things are ‘tin foily’ without the need to turn truth into one of them.

...or were you being sarcastic? Because I have a very vague recollection that you’ve not been averse to the odd Bacofoil Bonnet type posting yourself on the past.

In the 80s I worked in the Chemical and Pharma industries. My recollection was that Du Pont were held up as the epitome of all things Heakth and Safety and iirc they issued ‘standards’ to which other organisations could pay to sign up to and gain certification. I’m pretty hazy in the detail. It was a while ago.

By then, of course, their lords and masters had knowingly been killing people for between 15 and 20 years and would continue for another 20.

Quite.
Ironically, the company you worked for in the late 80s/ early 90s are now owned by DuPont.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but teflon is still used in pans today isn’t it? I’m no environmentalist but you do wonder sometimes what’s leaching into the environment.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but teflon is still used in pans today isn’t it? I’m no environmentalist but you do wonder sometimes what’s leaching into the environment.
It’s one of the raw materials to make the Teflon that was the problem. Change was made but late in the day and too late in many cases.

Back