Danny Murphy on Jordan Henderson

I think Murphy's a good pundit anarl and it is a decent enough piece, but I still think he's downplaying the lad's ability (or at least his ability prior to the past couple of seasons). He's always had bags of it in his locker. And his attacking threat has always been there - it was there when he was here. He might not be the one with the final ball or rifling a 20 yarder into the back of the net, but he's often the pass just behind that - the key pass that unlocks the door.

I think Murphy's a good pundit anarl and it is a decent enough piece, but I still think he's downplaying the lad's ability (or at least his ability prior to the past couple of seasons). He's always had bags of it in his locker. And his attacking threat has always been there - it was there when he was here. He might not be the one with the final ball or rifling a 20 yarder into the back of the net, but he's often the pass just behind that - the key pass that unlocks the door.
Played some lovely killer passes particularly this season. Great player and ideal captain.

He's doing the Gerrard hollywood passes nowadays
He always has. The difference is he doesn't take the ball off the feet of his teammates to play them. Coulda pissed mesell laughing the other day when I seen a quote from Gerrard (criticising Ronaldo) saying how he was all "about the team".

I'm so pleased Jordan Henderson is going to achieve more in a Liverpool shirt than that egotistic twerp.

He always has. The difference is he doesn't take the ball off the feet of his teammates to play them. Coulda pissed mesell laughing the other day when I seen a quote from Gerrard (criticising Ronaldo) saying how he was all "about the team".

I'm so pleased Jordan Henderson is going to achieve more in a Liverpool shirt than that egotistic twerp.

I think part of it is he is just very good at following instructions from his manager so when he was told to play certain roles in a certain way he did it well. Now he has a manager who loves a fast counter attack he has more scope to do the more eye-catching stuff. Great player and a great professional. I'm proud a Sunderland lad has done so well.

I think part of it is he is just very good at following instructions from his manager so when he was told to play certain roles in a certain way he did it well. Now he has a manager who loves a fast counter attack he has more scope to do the more eye-catching stuff. Great player and a great professional. I'm proud a Sunderland lad has done so well.
Definitely. Great pro.

I love the lad to bits to be honest - just wish it was with us.

Last edited:
This exactly. Always used to get slated for sitting deep and passing sideways but that was what was being asked of him not his natural game.

The lad is a superb player.
Anyone who cannot see it is clueless.

Played different roles in his career, I preferred him as a winger with us, thought Bruce putting him into our central midfield when he did was a mistake, he never looked the same confident player he was out wide.
He has improved so much over recent times, it does help playing for the best team in the World mind and has a freedom to show his ability and talent and not just, 'someone who can run all day' that Brucey said about him.

I didn't think he would be where he is right now mind and am happy to say he has totally gone way beyond what my expectations of him were when we sold him.
Top pro as well.

There was an instance last week when Liverpool played Spurs and they hit the post. If you watch, Henderson is on the edge of the box. As soon as the ball bounces off the post, you can see him pointing telling people to get into position. He's a proper captain. It's about 13 seconds in on this clip...

Back