Damn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorer

Striker
Just spent ages typing my Spurs report and when I submitted it the damn thing dissapeared into the ether and I was logged out! Curses! My wife is pissing herself!

Anyone know why that happened?

Just spent ages typing my Spurs report and when I submitted it the damn thing dissapeared into the ether and I was logged out! Curses! My wife is pissing herself!

pics

You were really, really unlucky. Most likely your session expired before you got to press submit. It happens once every x years/months (depending on admin settings).

For the future: Press Ctrl + A to select all text and Ctrl + C to copy it. I know this from the experience of losing many posts like this. If you use firefox you can login, then go back to the page you were on and the message content will still be there too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You were really, really unlucky. Most likely your session expired before you got to press submit. It happens once every x years/months (depending on admin settings).

For the future: Press Ctrl + A to select all text and Ctrl + C to copy it. I know this from the experience of losing many posts like this. If you use firefox you can login, then go back to the page you were on and the message content will still be there too :)

Cheers!

happens all the time with me on fuckin AOL (must change)

if its going to be a long un use Word first and copy/paste it

happens all the time with me on fuckin AOL (must change)

if its going to be a long un use Word first and copy/paste it

I've got into that habit for anything more than a few lines, boards and email. Stung too many times. Didnt realise Firefox retained stuff better - another advantage, sadly my work email fucks up in Firefox and I cant be arsed using two different browsers.

...and this is why you should always write your larger posts in a text document frist and copy/paste them into a message when you've finished :cool:

According to the missus, It's just appeared on Woman's Weekly online recipe page marra.:lol::lol::lol:

Your logged on session on the message boards only lasts for 10 minutes after your last activity.

A few reasons for this
  1. Security, so nobody else can come along on a public pc and steal your account
  2. If you weren't automatically logged out the list of logged on users would be very long indeed!
  3. So we can show unread posts since your last logon when you return.
There is a way around the posting problem which is to check the "remember me" box when you logon. You will still be logged off after 10 minutes but the system will be able to automatically log you back on again so your post can still be made.

If you use this option you must remember to logout when you are finished or anyone using the PC after you will automatically be logged on and have access your account.

Cheers all.

The post natal pelvic floor exercises will come in handy but not until november after Scorer II is with us!

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back