Damage to company car

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ged67

can anyone help, my wife has a company car which she has handed back. Here's were I need advice

On handing it back it had scratches and the odd mark on it also the wheel arch slightly knocked (Dent) Most of these were not done by my wife, yes some were. The company have asked her to pay for the damage apparently £800 (if I'd got it done £300 max)
Now the car has been used by lots of other people as a pool car and nothing is noted before or after use .. How do we stand they all ready held back and then taken £500 and now asking to pay the rest in 7 days .... help please

Seems pretty savage - the odd dent or scratch has to expected on a works vehicle - particularly if it has multiple drivers. What does her contract say about the use of the car. If it says 'fully expensed' then the company should take on board all repairs.

Oh - rules & pics FFS.

can anyone help, my wife has a company car which she has handed back. Here's were I need advice

On handing it back it had scratches and the odd mark on it also the wheel arch slightly knocked (Dent) Most of these were not done by my wife, yes some were. The company have asked her to pay for the damage apparently £800 (if I'd got it done £300 max)
Now the car has been used by lots of other people as a pool car and nothing is noted before or after use .. How do we stand they all ready held back and then taken £500 and now asking to pay the rest in 7 days .... help please

I take it she is not leaving the Company?
If she is not surely others have had similar claims?
Have a look at the agreement. If no agreement is offered she is in a good legal position.
As a start point it's all about the position in the Company, leaving or staying.

I take it she is not leaving the Company?
If she is not surely others have had similar claims?
Have a look at the agreement. If no agreement is offered she is in a good legal position.
As a start point it's all about the position in the Company, leaving or staying.

She has now left the company, and started with another similar be it smaller company rather than a blue chip company

Ask for proof of inspection before she was handed the vehicle and after. Without that I'd simply play the "It was in that condition when I was given it" card.

She has now left the company, and started with another similar be it smaller company rather than a blue chip company

Check out the agreement and I certainly would not pay it based on your comments that is was used as a pool car. If it went legal I can assure you the Courts would favour the individual and the Company would have to prove the consequences which in this case they would struggle.

Check out the agreement and I certainly would not pay it based on your comments that is was used as a pool car. If it went legal I can assure you the Courts would favour the individual and the Company would have to prove the consequences which in this case they would struggle.
Aye, if their paperwork is not spot on they will be torn to shreds(pardon the pun).

If there was no pre-check of the condition of the car and paperwork signed off by her and the company before she used it and evidence of the damage and agreement that she was responsible for it, then they don't have a leg to stand on I would think?

Do you not just have to pay the excess anyway? Agree with asking for proof of pre/post inspection agreement aswell.

We neeed more details marra

What did she sign for it
Has she got an original inspection certificate
Same for each time it’s used as a pool car
Has she admitted fault
Who took the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back