Dalian Atkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

you'd be acting in self defence so not even a slap on the wrist. Certainly not one that would knock the chip off your shoulder anyway.

I'm simply suggesting an advocation that would add a bit of gravitas to your opinions. Take it or leave it, do it or don't but there's an opportunity to present from an informed position. Or continue as you are.

What if it was me and my mate vs this one "aggressive" bloke. And we both punched him multiple times and kicked him while he was on the floor?

Yeah, because anyone who suggests that potentially lethal action might require any sort of procedural review just wants group hugs.

Things were much better when it was OK to be an idiot
Without knowing the full details who are we to judge. I have nil respect for the police, but you are stating that procedure wasn't followed.

Should they have just asked him nicely?

What if it was me and my mate vs this one "aggressive" bloke. And we both punched him multiple times and kicked him while he was on the floor?

Did that happen? Did two cops punch a bloke to the floor ? Tasered him iirc. And they would have believed what they're training told them- safest way to protect themselves and others. Hey, it's not fail safe but it's safer than punching. Which is why they'd chosen the taser.

Did that happen? Did two cops punch a bloke to the floor ? Tasered him iirc. And they would have believed what they're training told them- safest way to protect themselves and others. Hey, it's not fail safe but it's safer than punching. Which is why they'd chosen the taser.
If they were punching and kicking him, then he would have already been dead. Having been tasered to death IIRC. :rolleyes:

you're waisting your time mate,

A neighbour described seeing the former Aston Villa star, 48, being Tasered after "stumbling towards" police.

Paula Quinn, who lives in a first-floor flat near the Atkinson property in Trench, said: "They were shouting and kicking so much all I could hear were the boots hitting him.

"And then the officer who released the Taser stepped back while the other officer still continued to kick and then I could hear him shout to the other officer that was still kicking, 'Back off, back off, back off.'

"And then the officer with the Taser asked the gentleman to put his hands behind his back and did so probably two or three times and reactivated the Taser another four or five times after that. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37082207

Sounds bad like. No way would two members of the public get away with that.

But hey, it's rare that someone dies after being tasered so just shut up about it. :rolleyes:

I specifically said first up that procedure most likely WAS followed

Takes that long to get a verdict on something the police have done wrong Tbf

Touché

A neighbour described seeing the former Aston Villa star, 48, being Tasered after "stumbling towards" police.

Paula Quinn, who lives in a first-floor flat near the Atkinson property in Trench, said: "They were shouting and kicking so much all I could hear were the boots hitting him.

"And then the officer who released the Taser stepped back while the other officer still continued to kick and then I could hear him shout to the other officer that was still kicking, 'Back off, back off, back off.'

"And then the officer with the Taser asked the gentleman to put his hands behind his back and did so probably two or three times and reactivated the Taser another four or five times after that. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37082207

Sounds bad like. No way would two members of the public get away with that.

But hey, it's rare that someone dies after being tasered so just shut up about it. :rolleyes:

What she claimed happened isn't possible to to the functionality of the taser. That's her testimony worthless. Next?

If the BBC report is accurate then it's murder IMO. Poor bastard was tasered multiple times (even when he had his hands behind his back) and kicked multiple times while he was already on the floor. :neutral:

If the BBC report is accurate then it's murder IMO. Poor bastard was tasered multiple times (even when he had his hands behind his back) and kicked multiple times while he was already on the floor. :neutral:

You and a witness who is lying doesn't make it so. It's impossible to discharge a taser that much so she's either very mistaken or what, got an agenda like yours?
Nah, am done with this thread.

Reactions: ATS
You and a witness who is lying doesn't make it so. It's impossible to discharge a taser that much so she's either very mistaken or what, got an agenda like yours?
Nah, am done with this thread.
Are Tasers restricted in the UK? Serious question btw. Most people on here know what I do for a living. The one I get issued can keep on cycling through until the battery runs out. And for the record, in nine years apart from training, I've only unholstered once and gained red dot compliance so never had to discharge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back