daily deaths

R***** agrees with TVOR on these grounds: likely to offend

OK I trust Rogers word so will resist to post my thoughts about the corona virus.

I here by promise to never post on the coronavirus sub forum again or make any reference to it anywhere else.

Sorry if I have offended anyone.

nobody is perfect and for that reason I'm always looking to improve on everything I do

Try and engage your brain in the future and read what you are posting before pressing post reply

You simply aren't understanding or not accounting for exponential growth. We would be on hundreds of thousands of deaths if we let this run rampant through society. In that situation I'm certain you'd know people who would come off badly from it.

so how do you explain countries that didnt lock down and are better off than us

Sweden who haven't reached their peak yet and Japan who have been in and out of lockdown and are still not out of the woods yet?

hey mate listen im not against the initial lockdown it probably had to happen especially with a country like ours i just think that the longer this goes on there will be more damage caused by lockdown than by this disease, what happens if they don't get a vaccine for say another year or so or may never even get one...? do we just stay like this forever.

also extending the furlough to October is absurd

hey mate listen im not against the initial lockdown it probably had to happen especially with a country like ours i just think that the longer this goes on there will be more damage caused by lockdown than by this disease, what happens if they don't get a vaccine for say another year or so or may never even get one...? do we just stay like this forever.

also extending the furlough to October is absurd
No one is advocating an eternal lockdown. But a return to normal can be made safer by ensuring more time to bring the virus under further control. Using, to put it bluntly, incomparable death figures and comparisons to countries that are not yet through the worst of it to support your argument for loosening measures is not going to win many over to your side of thinking.

Sweden have pretty much plateaued for last few weeks, and looking at graphs possibly even show a very slight downturn
I'm fairly certain their public health service have to retract a report that claimed they were past the peak?

I'm fairly certain their public health service have to retract a report that claimed they were past the peak?

If they did, possibly just erring on the side of caution so folk don't get carried away.
Their numbers have been quite consistent over last month.

Sweden have still got measures in place along with social distancing so it's probably not as 'normal' as some may think (LINK). They also have the same recommendations for the over 70's as we have here (LINK).

They've had 29% excess deaths and isn't most of their deaths in Stockholm which isn't the bustling metropolis London is as the tube is used by 5 times more passengers daily which is a big factor for the huge spread. They have around a quarter of the care home beds but did they do something early about this unlike the UK? This was said just over a week ago and we have over 6 times the population so 60 to 120 thousand deaths if you scale it up for UK.

Sweden's state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell now estimates that as many as a quarter of people in Stockholm might already be immune. The capital might have herd immunity within weeks, he argues. This doesn't say anything about the rest of Sweden. Wennergren warns that the sub-1 R number for Sweden as a whole might be heavily weighed down by a high immunity in Stockholm, masking a rapid spread elsewhere.

"We could end up on the other side of the Stockholm peak and think we’re doing fine, and instead get a wave-like plateau that is a result of different regions overlapping one another," he said. "What we are trying to do now is to model it by the different regions... Until we have done that, I think it will be really hard to know where this is going to land.". At the end of April, Wennergren estimated on Swedish national TV that between 10,000 and 20,000 people will ultimately die of coronavirus in the country. This means the virus has so far claimed, at best, only a quarter of its likely victims.

[/QUOTE]

so how do you explain countries that didnt lock down and are better off than us
Japan and sweden
Japan has had lockdowns.

As for Sweden...

Daily confirmed COVID-19 deaths per million, rolling 7-day average

Sweden have still got measures in place along with social distancing so it's probably not as 'normal' as some may think (LINK). They also have the same recommendations for the over 70's as we have here (LINK).

They've had 29% excess deaths and isn't most of their deaths in Stockholm which isn't the bustling metropolis London is as the tube is used by 5 times more passengers daily which is a big factor for the huge spread. They have around a quarter of the care home beds but did they do something early about this unlike the UK? This was said just over a week ago and we have over 6 times the population so 60 to 120 thousand deaths if you scale it up for UK.

Sweden's state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell now estimates that as many as a quarter of people in Stockholm might already be immune. The capital might have herd immunity within weeks, he argues. This doesn't say anything about the rest of Sweden. Wennergren warns that the sub-1 R number for Sweden as a whole might be heavily weighed down by a high immunity in Stockholm, masking a rapid spread elsewhere.

"We could end up on the other side of the Stockholm peak and think we’re doing fine, and instead get a wave-like plateau that is a result of different regions overlapping one another," he said. "What we are trying to do now is to model it by the different regions... Until we have done that, I think it will be really hard to know where this is going to land.". At the end of April, Wennergren estimated on Swedish national TV that between 10,000 and 20,000 people will ultimately die of coronavirus in the country. This means the virus has so far claimed, at best, only a quarter of its likely victims.
I know you like a graph.

R***** agrees with TVOR on these grounds: likely to offend

OK I trust Rogers word so will resist to post my thoughts about the corona virus.

I here by promise to never post on the coronavirus sub forum again or make any reference to it anywhere else.

Sorry if I have offended anyone.

nobody is perfect and for that reason I'm always looking to improve on everything I do
Couldn’t even manage a day.

I've already gone through it with other posters on here and it results in nothing but bickering and people getting upset (warnings dished out etc).

This is a footy forum where people post their opinions, I'm posting my opinion, you post your opinion. I will be building a case study (it will take me about 8 hours to complete) and posting it on a conspiracy theory forum where it will be viewed by millions of people, this isn't the place for it. Just let me have my opinion and you are free to disagree with me. If everyone on here had to back up their opinions with evidence every time we'd never get nowt done.
You done this yet and have you got a link? 👍

Back