Daaba Indian Restaurant Belmont

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was formerly known as the Zafflong in the old pub on Broomside Lane. I havent been in 5 yrs but back then the food was very good. Its just in the wrong location.

if youre looking for good indian food in and around Durham City go to the Spice Lounge in the Market Place, its exceptional.

A little bit further afield the Penash in the Croxdale Inn is also exceptional
Have been to the Spice Lounge and you're right it's very good, I was trying to avoid the city centre, does this Penash have an extensive menu, don't mind travelling to Croxdale if it's worth it.

Have been to the Spice Lounge and you're right it's very good, I was trying to avoid the city centre, does this Penash have an extensive menu, don't mind travelling to Croxdale if it's worth it.

Its not a large menu like your run of the mill Indian, its limited. You can view it on line, but dont take the on line menu as being the full one.

It will be different to what youve been used to. You will wait 30 mins or so for starters because everything is cooked to order.

Nice clean surroundings, good staff, and very much well worth a visit

I was in Houghton Lidl car park the other day when I saw a young staff member from Vermillion on his mobile...but his left hand was down the back of his pants raking his arse. I love Vermillion but this has put me off.
The Capital on Claypath in Durham is canny.

I was in Houghton Lidl car park the other day when I saw a young staff member from Vermillion on his mobile...but his left hand was down the back of his pants raking his arse. I love Vermillion but this has put me off.
Another vote for capital. Also le raaj at Chester moor is topper as well.

Another vote for capital. Also le raaj at Chester moor is topper as well.

Capital, Le Raaj and Spice Lounge are owned by same person. Le Raaj I was a regular at then around 6 months ago the last time I was there the food showed a big change for the worse. New Chef maybe.

Ive not been back.

Millenium on Framwellgate Moor Front Street is also very good but portions not substantial.

The Michelin Guide would die for this level of reporting. Top marks Waddy999:lol::lol:

I live in Houghton so it's usually Vermilion for us but the last time we were in starters took over an hour. People were walking out having waited so long. Next time we are thinking of giving Makhani in Hetton a go. Anyone know if it's any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back