Cyrpus to allow vaccinated in from May

Agree or disagree?

Disagree if our government allow people to go imo

Shouldn't be facilitating different rules and allowing more freedom to people who have had the vaccine when not everyone will have had the chance by then
Well said. Places like Cyprus are for younger people. Surely places like that are marketed to a more younger demographic. Most young people won't have had a vaccine by May. I will be surprised if 0.1% will have had a vaccine of some kind by then.

Wait till July or August to allow Brits to travel. Allow older people but only if a younger person who has been vaccinated accompanies them. They will need help with bags and things. That would be my rule.

Bit crap for those who havent had the first one yet, surely 1 jab is sufficient !

There’s lots of British families living and working out there so it will be well received. If it’s clever is another thing.
I wouldn’t fancy being on a plane for 4 hrs at the minute, that’s going to take a while to get my guard dropped
Common sense ,no way would I get on a plane packed with 250 strangers it’s asking for trouble.

Well said. Places like Cyprus are for younger people. Surely places like that are marketed to a more younger demographic. Most young people won't have had a vaccine by May. I will be surprised if 0.1% will have had a vaccine of some kind by then.

Wait till July or August to allow Brits to travel. Allow older people but only if a younger person who has been vaccinated accompanies them. They will need help with bags and things. That would be my rule.

Ayia Napa yes, other parts very much cater for older folk.

It's interesting that people phrase things in this way.

If someone doesn't want or need something and hasn't asked to be asked whether they want or need something, then there are far more appropriate words to use.

If someone asks me if I want a cigarette and I don't - would you say I am refusing it? Is that the word you'd gravitate to?
If I was to randomly offer to come round your house to sort out your kitchen cupboards. Would you say ’I refused his offer’?

Yes and yes

Some very selfish people in this thread. I've been locked down for over a year give or take now to protect others and now because I'm younger, I now should be expected to give the same said people more freedoms.

No-one should be going anywhere until everyone is offered the vaccine otherwise if this happens against don't expect compliance from a chunk of the younger generations.

Just remember that you'll have a lot more years to get away than most of the people who are currently vaccinated.

The selfishness displayed in this thread is astounding. It's full on playground stuff 'well if those old folk can go on holiday, why can't I go the the pub' utter bellendery.
Most of those vaccinated are elderly with very little life expectancy to look forward to and should be allowed to enjoy what remains of their lives. if that means they can have an extra holiday then good luck to them. By comparison someone currently in their 30s, on average, has another 50 years to look forward to and if they miss a Summer holiday by not being vaccinated so be it.

I can't believe the absolute babies crying because someone else gets to go first. How many of these people in a non pandemic scenario would normally have their holiday in May ?
I'm betting fuck all. Most would be going July, August, September anyway.
This does just sound like I'm saying it to prove your fuck all comment wrong but I would normally go away in May, lass (no) I go away with usually has a big launch to deal with in April so May is the first month of the year she can get any time off, plus less chance of kids being in resorts than summer, then another in September/October.

We wont ever know but if the vaccine programme went he other way and 18 year olds got the first vaccines do you honestly think that it wouldn't be the same argument but opposite? We saw at the beginning of this that younger generations got pelters for still going out and stuff and looking like they didnt care about anyone.

Anyway like I said previously I wont be going away this year, but just hope opening up the world again doesn't cause any negative effects.

Good for the oldies and double jabbers who can get away, hope they have a belting time! Most of the older generation who I know have had a pretty limited existence over the last 12 months and may not have as long to enjoy stuff as we young’uns / less vulnerable might!

Only reason I’d be a little miffed is if I was off work in May and Cyprus was my favourite place in all the world....which I’m not, and it’s not, so I’ve no real cause for complaint.

Now if it was Berlin, or Amsterdam, or New York or Tokyo....facking hell on!!!

It's their country. If you want to go, you have to play by their rules.

No different from countries who ask for other vaccinations or visas or other hoops you have to jump through before entering.
Exactly, no problems at all with strong borders. I do suspect they'll be begging folk to come when summer kicks in mind.

Back