Cyrpus to allow vaccinated in from May

When vaccinated it does not stop your spreading the virus , it reduces your own individual risk.

so why restrict people who have not been vaccinated if they are lets say 25 therefore very very low risk, who have had tests and are clear before travel etc. It’s creating a two tier society.
Wrong again.

Having the vaccination has a knock on effect for all. Being fully vaccinated offers you 90% protection of not developing covid. If you don't develop the virus how can you pass it on?

You can still shed the virus without being unwell with it

I realise people can be asymptomatic and pass it on.

However, is there any evidence of vaccinated people, with no symptoms actually passing on the virus? I certainly haven't seen any.

In fact early studies in Israel are suggesting vaccination goes a long way to stop the spread of the virus.

However, is there any evidence of vaccinated people, with no symptoms actually passing on the virus? I certainly haven't seen any.

In fact early studies in Israel are suggesting vaccination goes a long way to stop the spread of the virus.

Until it’s proven that they can’t surely we have to err on the side of safety and assume they can

Let your guard down and this virus kicks u in the balls

Wrong again
Having the vaccination has a knock on effect for all. Being fully vaccinated offers you 90% protection of not developing covid. If you don't develop the virus how can you pass it on?

No I’m not wrong I said it doesn’t stop it, is that true ? Or will you dissapear and go quite .

simple question, does the vaccine stop transmission?

No, you are saying I’m wrong when it fact what I said is exactly correct. You CAN be vaccinated and spread it, so why say otherwise ?

Last edited:
There is growing evidence that it does reduce transmission but logically why would it not.
Yes reduce , I said does it stop it. No it doesn’t .

I’m more anti lockdown than most and nobody wants to be free more than me but people change their tune on here when it suits them

a month or two ago jt was no holidays or pubs or anything else should be allowed. Now it’s let people go away as they are vaccinated when others are not

Last edited:

I’m more anti lockdown than most and nobody wants to be free more than me but people change their tune on here when it suits them

a month or two ago jt was no holidays or pubs or anything else should be allowed. Now it’s let people go away as they are vaccinated when others are not
Not sure we know yet but like everything to do with Covid it's a balance between the risk and restrictions.

The risk from that seems small to me.

From the reports so far it seems that being fully vaccinated reduces your chance of catching it in the first place, reduces transmission, masks symptoms (not coughing/spraying particles) and drastically reduces the time it is in your system as your body fights it.

Fair enough that oldies might have to accept they can't mix closely with the non vaccinated for a few months and they may be silent carriers. If they are happy with that, then get away on holiday.

To put a real life scenario into this, I saw my mam twice last year. Once for a weekend to do some DIY back in February before this started and once in August when cases were low. The number one thing I want to be able to do is travel up to see her with the family and spend some time with her and the rest of my family up there, or have her come to visit me. It is not going to happen for a few more months, I've accepted that.

What would I think if she called and said "I'll come and visit you in July but at the end of May, me and a few friends are off to Cyprus"? Would I be bitter that she wasn't coming to see me when she couldn't anyway or would I be glad that I'm not concerned about her sitting on her own at home feeling lonely and frustrated? I'd be over the moon if she was going to get a safe break from this all, a bit of sun, and plenty of human contact. She wouldn't be coming to see me anyway.

Wrong again

No I’m not wrong I said it doesn’t stop it, is that true ? Or will you dissapear and go quite .

simple question, does the vaccine stop transmission?

No, you are saying I’m wrong when it fact what I said is exactly correct. You CAN be vaccinated and spread it, so why say otherwise ?

You appear to be wrong. You said it only protects those vaccinated.

As I said early studies in Israel and also in Scotland and the States are all showing it greatly reduces infection rates too.

No read the whole thread but as a counter argument:

All the 20, 30 and 40 year olds have essentially been forced into the current situation because of the risk that they might pass the virus onto the 50+ and clinically at risk who have a higher death and complication rate. They have given up their freedom to primarily protect others. We have vaccinated those at risk as a priority and quite rightly so, and again the young have gone to the back of the queue. Now you are asking the younger generations to sit back at home with no freedoms while while the boomers are allowed to go on holiday. For the sake of civil cohesion it needs to be everyone allowed or nobody allowed.

When vaccinated it does not stop your spreading the virus , it reduces your own individual risk.

so why restrict people who have not been vaccinated if they are lets say 25 therefore very very low risk, who have had tests and are clear before travel etc. It’s creating a two tier society.

"The science" or at least the messaging around the science is a bit unclear on this one but I'd be very surprised if the r number of a vaccinated person isn't lower than the r number of a (like for like) non vaccinated person.

Last edited:
You appear to be wrong. You said it only protects those vaccinated.

As I said early studies in Israel and also in Scotland and the States are all showing it greatly reduces infection rates too.
You avoided the question again. Yes or no, does the vaccine stop transmission ?

No read the whole thread but as a counter argument:

All the 20, 30 and 40 year olds have essentially been forced into the current situation because of the risk that they might pass the virus onto the 50+ and clinically at risk who have a higher death and complication rate. They have given up their freedom to primarily protect others. We have vaccinated those at risk as a priority and quite rightly so, and again the young have gone to the back of the queue. Now you are asking the younger generations to sit back at home with no freedoms while while the boomers are allowed to go on holiday. For the sake of civil cohesion it needs to be everyone allowed or nobody allowed.
Bollox , "sit back at home with no freedoms " ?
If we are allowing vaccinated people to go abroad on holiday the pubs, restaurants etc will be open over here , FFS man we are talking about young uns not being able to go on the piss and makes arses of themselves abroad for a few more months, Get a grip man FFS.

If we are allowing vaccinated people to go abroad on holiday the pubs, restaurants etc will be open over here , FFS man we are talking about young uns not being able to go on the piss and makes arses of themselves abroad for a few more months, Get a grip man FFS.
Depends on when are are taking about doesn't it and my point still applies, it's a grossly unfair state of affairs (and I say that as someone who is vaccinated).

So the people who are vaccinated can go away on holiday , got to restaurants and bars away yet we are home have to be restricted to back gardens and takeaway pints? Just doesn’t sit right
It stops around 90% of transmissions in the limited studies so far.

So that's 10% no.
No, thank you .

Last edited:
So the people who are vaccinated can go away on holiday , got to restaurants and bars away yet we are home have to be restricted to back gardens and takeaway pints? Just doesn’t sit right

No, thank you .
And a 90% yes they do stop transmission.

Pubs are fully open from the exact same date in May that you are allowed to travel abroad! 😂

No, thank you .
Specsavers mate , please re read my post.

Specsavers mate , please re read my post.
People are quoting may here, it’s the same timescales , mate.
And a 90% yes they do stop transmission.

Pubs are fully open from the exact same date in May that you are allowed to travel abroad! 😂
They have not stated a date we can travel abroad , the dates are from the Cypriot govt. it’s still currently illegal to go on holiday in May :)

Last edited:

Back