Cyrpus to allow vaccinated in from May

You could go to Cyprus on May 1st and come back on May 17th thus avoiding any quarantine restrictions on the way back.

Last edited:

that's the biggest sticking point tbf :)
in all seriousness i'd gladly stay at home for another year if it'd mean we're shot of this thing but as soon as the travel restrictions are lifted i'm offski.
I have a feeling this Government will continue to make it difficult for travellers. Hope I’m wrong mind but can’t see May 17th happening
I can't see why the UK would have a problem with vaccinated people coming and going
Surely other countries with similar vaccination levels to us (UAE, US, Israel etc) must be on the travel corridors, we’ve booked Dubai later in the year assuming we’ll be fine to go

Last edited:
I have a feeling this Government will continue to make it difficult for travellers. Hope I’m wrong mind but can’t see May 17th happening

Surely other countries with similar vaccination levels to us (UAE, US, Israel etc) must be on the travel corridors, we’ve booked Dubai later in the year assuming we’ll be fine to go
You would think so but the government may want to encourage staycations to get the economy going.

You could go to Cyprus on May 1st and come back on May 17th thus avoiding any quarantine restrictions on the way back.

No you cant. You are banned from leaving the country until May 17th unless you have a note from your mam to show at the airport.

Last edited:
I don’t have any problem with the fully vaccinated getting more freedoms than me. We can’t do everyone at once so it is just a simple fact of life that some will be done and others will not. I have to accept that there are things I’m not going to be doing for a while until I’ve had my turn.

Is that really a good reason for me to stamp my feet like a bairn and say “waaah, not fair”? If it represents risk to myself and others if I do stuff, but doesn’t represent a risk for the fully vaccinated, then lets give them that freedom. It helps businesses open up too, which means there is a better chance of them still being there when I’m done.

I don't understand people wanting to go abroad this year, it'll be like going back in time to last year since so many countries are behind on vaccinations surely

Last edited:
I don’t have any problem with the fully vaccinated getting more freedoms than me. We can’t do everyone at once so it is just a simple fact of life that some will be done and others will not. I have to accept that there are things I’m not going to be doing for a while until I’ve had my turn.

Is that really a good reason for me to stamp my feet like a bairn and say “waaah, not fair”? If it represents risk to myself and others if I do stuff, but doesn’t represent a risk for the fully vaccinated, then lets give them that freedom. It helps businesses open up too, which means there is a better chance of them still being there when I’m done.
When vaccinated it does not stop your spreading the virus , it reduces your own individual risk.

so why restrict people who have not been vaccinated if they are lets say 25 therefore very very low risk, who have had tests and are clear before travel etc. It’s creating a two tier society.

Plus - if us advance party owd feckers start dropping like flies on the Costas then the young are duly warned not to travel.
They should be grateful we are acting as willing human guinea pigs to ensure a Covid free holiday for them.
I think the young should actually make a small financial contribution to the wrinklies holiday fund via compulsory direct taxation.
I’m certainly not going to go to Spain to sit on a sun bed wearing a mask
You could get your back done though.....

Well said. Places like Cyprus are for younger people. Surely places like that are marketed to a more younger demographic. Most young people won't have had a vaccine by May. I will be surprised if 0.1% will have had a vaccine of some kind by then.

Wait till July or August to allow Brits to travel. Allow older people but only if a younger person who has been vaccinated accompanies them. They will need help with bags and things. That would be my rule.
Out of all the stupid posts you have made this must be in the running for the daftest.

I’ll not be going anywhere other than somewhere in the UK. I’ll pass on foreign destinations for at least the next year.

I reckon it’ll be quite chaotic at first, and I’d rather spend my pounds in this country tbh, it’s not like we don’t need it.

Hopefully it stays fine for those that do want to bail to a warmer climate.

When vaccinated it does not stop your spreading the virus , it reduces your own individual risk.

so why restrict people who have not been vaccinated if they are lets say 25 therefore very very low risk, who have had tests and are clear before travel etc. It’s creating a two tier society.
Like it or not, there is a two tier, because there is a big difference. It is only temporary.

As Becs pointed out on the first page, we have had a two tier society since the end of March last year. Those deemed most at risk have had greater restrictions than anyone else. When we could go for walks, go to a supermarket, meet people outdoors socially distanced, they were being told to stay at home. That was ok “lock them down and let the rest of us crack on”, was a phrase used many times a day on here.

Now the tables look to be turning people don’t like it. Tough. Let them get away, give them freedom back, ours is on the way soon, and hopefully places will not be fully booked by the time we are free. That is the selfish part, it is actually beneficial to us to let vaccinated people have holidays and freedoms now, it will be less busy come unlock day.

Like it or not, there is a two tier, because there is a big difference. It is only temporary.

As Becs pointed out on the first page, we have had a two tier society since the end of March last year. Those deemed most at risk have had greater restrictions than anyone else. When we could go for walks, go to a supermarket, meet people outdoors socially distanced, they were being told to stay at home. That was ok “lock them down and let the rest of us crack on”, was a phrase used many times a day on here.

Now the tables look to be turning people don’t like it. Tough. Let them get away, give them freedom back, ours is on the way soon, and hopefully places will not be fully booked by the time we are free. That is the selfish part, it is actually beneficial to us to let vaccinated people have holidays and freedoms now, it will be less busy come unlock day.
So , how will this work for children? They are not on any roadmap for vaccination? Can they travel or return to normal life ? As they can 100% spread any virus ?

lets say an average family, 2+1 are on a flight . The adults are all vaccinated. That’s 1 3rd of the flight not however ?

Last edited:
So , how will this work for children? They are not on any roadmap for vaccination? Can they travel or return to normal life ? As they can 100% spread any virus ?

lets say an average family, 2+1 are on a flight . The adults are all vaccinated. That’s 1 3rd of the flight not however ?

There’s always a but isn’t there, how many 50 plus’s would be taking under 18s on holiday

Better check the Cyprus rules to be sure.

There’s always a but isn’t there, how many 50 plus’s would be taking under 18s on holiday
It’s a valid question? This is long term question , at what point can kids travel etc?

and the answer is loads , a mother and father in their 50s could easily have teenagers

What's this Ayia Napa like to go to? Is it like that TV show Benidorm? My images of places in Spain, Benidorm as well as Ayia Napa is topless 20-something college students with faces as red as beetroot drinking shot after shot of some fancy sounding exotic spirit at 2 am in the morning jumping up and down on tables and pissing in fountains.

Topless men or women just out if interest?

Been years since I went to Napa but I like Cyprus and just out of the square even in AN you can find quieter tavernas, restaurants etc.

Back