Cyrpus to allow vaccinated in from May

I realise people can be asymptomatic and pass it on.

However, is there any evidence of vaccinated people, with no symptoms actually passing on the virus? I certainly haven't seen any.

In fact early studies in Israel are suggesting vaccination goes a long way to stop the spread of the virus.
We still get vaccinated people who test positive to isolate so sample data will be limited

People are quoting may here, it’s the same timescales , mate.

They have not stated a date we can travel abroad , the dates are from the Cypriot govt. it’s still currently illegal to go on holiday in May :)

Stage three​

No earlier than 17 May:
  • Pubs, restaurants and other hospitality venues can seat customers indoors
  • International leisure travel will resume no earlier than 17 May

The first stage of lifting restrictions is opening schools. This is happening so we are on target thus far.

We still get vaccinated people who test positive to isolate so sample data will be limited
Off course you will. The vast majority will have only had 1 vaccination which only gives around 50% protection.

Last edited:

Stage three​

No earlier than 17 May:
  • Pubs, restaurants and other hospitality venues can seat customers indoors
  • International leisure travel will resume no earlier than 17 May

Off course you will. The vast majority will have only had 1 vaccination which only gives around 50% protection.
Not according to the stats. If that was the case , 50% of people who have had one dose shouldn’t fly

Depends on when are are taking about doesn't it and my point still applies, it's a grossly unfair state of affairs (and I say that as someone who is vaccinated).
i suppose you could also say that the majority of folk who have been vaccinated will be elderly so have less time left to enjoy their lives.

Its up to Cyprus the rules they bring in really.
I will be more interested to see the who books up to go .

We have several "work from home heroes" who were straight out the office door last March , due to their "underlying" such as asthma, diabetes and a couple were simply fat bastards with extrem BMI.

Now they will be getting jabbed ahead of their age group no doubt. Which is fair enough.
But if they then start booking up to go abroad, then for me they need to get themselves back into the workplace , as they are obviously not that vulnerable.

And let some of us work place warriors have a touch of the home hero lie ins etc.

Saying all that , if they can get me 1/2 KG of Golden Virginia, then fair do's.
(Same goes for any teachers who overcome their terrible fears of crowded classrooms to step on a crowded plane).

Back