Cyrpus to allow vaccinated in from May

Nice marketing right there from Cyprus.

I get Jab2 on the 25th May and hopefully Jet2 on the 26th.
You need to wait 7 days after your 2nd jab before travelling.

I'm booked for May 23rd!

I'm due my 2nd jab very early May. My GF has hers early April. Unfortunately we both have Covid now so we are very unlikely to catch anything or pass anything on so why not.

Why?

I'll not be going like but people that are vaccinated pose less of a risk and if airlines / travel agents can get back up and running sooner then what's the problem?

Its more the different sets of rules for different people that doesn't sit right with me

For example if they said now that people who had two vaccines could go out to the pub here but people who haven't still had to stay at home even though they hadn't had the chance to have a vaccine there would be uproar

I'm all for vaccines being a requirement but only when everyone has had a chance to have their doses

Why?

I'll not be going like but people that are vaccinated pose less of a risk and if airlines / travel agents can get back up and running sooner then what's the problem?
Is it fair to impose harsher restrictions on a set of people who haven't been given the chance to be vaccinated? Everyone has sacrificed a lot throughout this pandemic, why should one set of people be given more freedom than others?

Agree or disagree?

Disagree if our government allow people to go imo

Shouldn't be facilitating different rules and allowing more freedom to people who have had the vaccine when not everyone will have had the chance by then
Disagree as it’s discriminatory against people who have not had one jab never mind two.

govt Shouod not allow us there u til we all had our jabs
Why?

It’s discrimination pure and simple, allowing people to get on with lives when people have been stuck in homes protecting these people.

Now they have had jabs and can go away in June while I’ve not had one jab yet and still stuck in?
Balls to that

Last edited:
I think it’d only be fair that international travel is only allowed once everyone has been offered the vaccine. If that means people who refused it can’t fly after that point then that’s hard lines for them.
It's interesting that people phrase things in this way.

If someone doesn't want or need something and hasn't asked to be asked whether they want or need something, then there are far more appropriate words to use.

If someone asks me if I want a cigarette and I don't - would you say I am refusing it? Is that the word you'd gravitate to?
If I was to randomly offer to come round your house to sort out your kitchen cupboards. Would you say ’I refused his offer’?

I don't think it would be right that people who have had the vaccine can go abroad, yet those that haven't even been offered it yet wont be able to, have no problem waiting in line to get the vaccine but doesn't seem right that you should suffer and not be allowed to do what others that have had the vaccine can do.

Last edited:
Up to Cyprus isn't it? This was bound to happen with international travel and certain countries requiring a vaccine for entry, don't know why people are so shocked.

Devils advocate: a lot of the now vaccinated had more severely reduced freedoms last year with shielding/isolating/loneliness etc. It could be argued that it's fair to give them first chance at more freedoms this year.
All in this together apparently.

It wasn't last year. It was lock away the old and sick people so we can go to the pub.
That Didnt happen though did it? We all ended locked up to protect the vulnerable .

now the vulnerable are jabbed they can go away but everyone who was at a very low risk cannot as they have not had offers of jabs yet?

Back