Cyclists on mobile phones

You're unlikely to get anyone doing that if it is going to put them in immediate danger though. On a residential street when you're pottering along at 6/7mph is the only time I've seen it.

I’d just like to have parity amongst all road users. I posted this thread because I’ve just seen someone doing it whilst cycling down the high street.

If it’s considered a dangerous distraction on a car, surely it should be the same for other road users. A cyclist texting or calling someone is cycling with one hand and is distracted. That could cause an accident.

Likewise, I believe Hawaii brought in a law that you couldn’t use your phone whilst crossing the road. Makes sense to me. Apparently people aren’t looking up and just crossing.

I’d just like to have parity amongst all road users. I posted this thread because I’ve just seen someone doing it whilst cycling down the high street.

If it’s considered a dangerous distraction on a car, surely it should be the same for other road users. A cyclist texting or calling someone is cycling with one hand and is distracted. That could cause an accident.

Likewise, I believe Hawaii brought in a law that you couldn’t use your phone whilst crossing the road. Makes sense to me. Apparently people aren’t looking up and just crossing.
Should’ve flying kicked him off his bike and told him he should’ve been looking where he was going. You’re entitled to practice your flying kicks wherever you want.

I agree with you on this one.

Back