Cycling Thread 2022

Out today and the weather was lush. Sadly these horrible fly things were everywhere. At one point I took off my glasses to get one away from my eye, when two more hit my face, and another appeared on a lense by the time I put them back on.

Had a bike fit from giant on Friday. Going to give it another ride or two but not convinced so far that my position is right. Maybe I'm just getting old.
How's that working out now ? I was due a free bike fit when i bought my rd. bike from then 2 years back, though didn't bother going back for it.
Can’t see another one.

British National CX Champs was on today. North east lad won the mens event by the sounds of his accent.

Wout Van Aert took the Belgian title (unsurpringly).

Not long till the first road races of the year get underway again either.
Just seen this thread. Who is that mate ? Can only have been Thomas Mein surely.

Last edited:
Anyone done or doing the Cyclone events in couple weeks? Caught between the 93 or 109m ones. Never done a ton before but it looks bit tougher climbing.

Well that was absolutely brutal. Headwinds for for first half, about 15mph but gusting 30. The first 50 miles was about 5000ft of climbing of the 7000. Would not recommend unless you're a masochist.

On the other hand, had a lovely pie and pint at the end. May need to lie down until Xmas

Well that was absolutely brutal. Headwinds for for first half, about 15mph but gusting 30. The first 50 miles was about 5000ft of climbing of the 7000. Would not recommend unless you're a masochist.

On the other hand, had a lovely pie and pint at the end. May need to lie down until Xmas

What was it mate?

Been Doing a fair bit cycling (mountain bike on slick tyres) around Weardale lately, i just got a static down there so planning to do most of cycling around this area.
Only problem for me is some of the hills are brutal Crawlyside bank was one I did last week, was tough and tbh wrecked me for the rest of my 30miler.
Thinking of an Electric cycle to leave down there. Anyone recommend a decent model so many online for a budget £1.5k

Been Doing a fair bit cycling (mountain bike on slick tyres) around Weardale lately, i just got a static down there so planning to do most of cycling around this area.
Only problem for me is some of the hills are brutal Crawlyside bank was one I did last week, was tough and tbh wrecked me for the rest of my 30miler.
Thinking of an Electric cycle to leave down there. Anyone recommend a decent model so many online for a budget £1.5k
Crawleyside is bad enough on a road bike. Fair play for making it up it.

I use starva to track and record my cycling but it’s absolutely killing my data.

Any other ideas how I can map my rides without slaughtering my data?

Do Garmin watches do this?

Back