Cutting in.

The thing that always, without exception, gets my goat, is when you're just about to join the A1 from the A1231. There's a bit where you're meant to go off on a slip road, the 1231 continues but the road markings clearly show that if you stay on it you get to the roundabout and have to go straight on or right. But no, every f***ing morning loads of wankers decide they're too important to wait in the queue so they stay on the 1231 then go left at the roundabout. Arseholes. No idea why this annoys me so much, but it does

I've done that before like. Not illegal but cheeky as fuck. I always use the junction before that though for the A1, through shiney row and left off the washy highway before the galleries. Never anyone there

Just about to post this. I did it yesterday. went all the way around the roundabout a then took the exit I wanted. Saved me about 10 minutes. I look it as doing my bit for the environment.
Pulling into a petrol station and then straight out of the exit is a good one. The traffic you are emerging into think you have just filled up but the ones back next to the petrol station entrance will be fuming :D

The thing that always, without exception, gets my goat, is when you're just about to join the A1 from the A1231. There's a bit where you're meant to go off on a slip road, the 1231 continues but the road markings clearly show that if you stay on it you get to the roundabout and have to go straight on or right. But no, every f***ing morning loads of wankers decide they're too important to wait in the queue so they stay on the 1231 then go left at the roundabout. Arseholes. No idea why this annoys me so much, but it does

I do that :oops:

If the A1 northbound is stacked past the Angel, I undertake the queue in the empty filter lane for Birtley and Wrekenton, then go straight over the roundabout and rejoin the A1 again :oops:

And that's the issue. They are causing further traffic problems by not using both lanes. Merge in turn works so very easily. I do not know why people cannot get it.
The amount who can't use indicators, I'm not surprised.
I cut in all the time, love pissing people off. Ihe always been known to go all around the odd roundabout too
What my dad used to call the Wetherby roundabout trick.

Last edited:
I’m quite patient on the road but you can judge who’s being a dick and who is lost. If they’re using the road correctly then I have no issue with people going to the end of the 2 lanes. If they try to cut into a lane that isn’t filtering just to avoid traffic then I’ll go out of my way to stop them.

I've done that before like. Not illegal but cheeky as fuck. I always use the junction before that though for the A1, through shiney row and left off the washy highway before the galleries. Never anyone there
Selfish wanker did this the other day and my missus was driving and would she fuck let them merge in turn, was literally millimetres from touching and she’s shouting you can fuck off ya cheeky bastard.

Was pissing myself at her radgyness.

All contextual. There are considerate drivers and there are utter knobhead drivers. When it becomes unsafe though, that’s the problem

Yeh I do this every morning too. Saves me ten minutes. Feel a bit guilty for it but I soon get over it.

Back