Cutting in.

two_strap

Midfield
What’s the consensus on cutting in when driving?
Eg. driving up the inside lane knowing that you can’t go your chosen direction in that lane and cutting in, skipping the queue.

***** trick in my book. :lol:

Eg. driving up the inside lane knowing that you can’t go your chosen direction in that lane and cutting in, skipping the queue.

It's fine. The roads belong to everybody.

People get ridiculously territorial on roads when behind the wheel, yet passengers in the same car remain perfectly calm, despite suffering the same "infringement" as the driver.

If it's in road works where two lanes merge into one then you are supposed to use both lanes right to the merge point. There is even signs up telling you. Approach to testos at the moment from heworth is terrible. Its dangerous to have one stationary lane and one empty lane on a 70mph road, and its proven then traffic flows quicker when people merge at the very end.

Yep, so it's fine for one driver to inconvenience everybody else to save a few seconds.

It's only a few seconds, no big deal. It's not very courteous, but really what difference does it make if you get help up by a few extra seconds.
You might be lucky enough to gain those few seconds back when somebody lets you out unexpectedly at a junction. Doesn't really matter.

If it's in road works where two lanes merge into one then you are supposed to use both lanes right to the merge point. There is even signs up telling you. Approach to testos at the moment from heworth is terrible. Its dangerous to have one stationary lane and one empty lane on a 70mph road, and its proven then traffic flows quicker when people merge at the very end.

This .There have been some major road works on the dual carriageway that runs right thru Hartlepool and there were "Merge in turn" signs in the town centre bit but hardly any fecker did , just formed huge queues in the left hand lane . The number of death stares I got when using the merge lane :)

Undertaking - from what you described here is simply not allowed - highway code rule 268.
The polliss could do you for dangerous driving as a result.

Back