Custom reg plate

No might about it.
Thankfully he has threw the towel in after showing himself up like usual. Making things up and throwing abuse around never ends well. Hopefully he is ok and calms down a tad, lifes to short.
Up in Jockoland last week for 4 days, we stayed in Elgin near Aberdeen. Fantastic roads and we had mates who are locals to show us the roads. We never sped once. 🤭 And all number plates were legal 👍👍.
2,000 miles all in from Pompey and back.
Logon or register to see this image
Class, i wish i had the time. Usually a good 50-100 mile blast cures my urge for a little. Will find the time one day for a tour. Stay safe.

Last edited:
bloody hell, this hasn't half escalated mind :eek: :lol:
fwiw i've got illegal number plates on all mine, not sacklessly small but smaller than they should be. they do look a lot better on the bike and one of them's a private number but it does include ftm so i think it's ok.

And if you have more than one car? Or a traders policy?
One plate for all of them....might not work -but cannot be that difficult to give say a number representing your first second or third car on top of your personal lifetime plate?-does the system work well now when people move cars from one top another(thinking more of thieves ect?)
cops seem to do little about those flouting the number plate stuff ?

One plate for all of them....might not work -but cannot be that difficult to give say a number representing your first second or third car on top of your personal lifetime plate?-does the system work well now when people move cars from one top another(thinking more of thieves ect?)
Works in Germany, I'm sure they are issued with one reg number when they apply for a licence and they keep it for life. Nee idea what they do for multiple vehicle owners.
fwiw i've got illegal number plates on all mine, not sacklessly small but smaller than they should be. they do look a lot better on the bike and one of them's a private number but it does include ftm so i think it's ok.
Good lad.

Champion, as have a load of bikes. The plod don't care much about small plates as its nothing of an offence, more interested in speeding vehicles, and rightly so.

Works fine. From a car being stolen it can be placed on systems in seconds. VIN numbere can easily be checked with clone plates etc. Just thinking about insurance as well. People insuring a single plate but for multiple cars - that would be nightmare in terms of pool cars showing as being insured

Works fine. From a car being stolen it can be placed on systems in seconds. VIN numbere can easily be checked with clone plates etc. Just thinking about insurance as well. People insuring a single plate but for multiple cars - that would be nightmare in terms of pool cars showing as being insured
Sounds like my thoughts aren't the best ?-for what it's worth marra many support the police ( and all emergency workers)in their efforts ..just are not as vocal as those who don't ..

Years ago a big squad of us got pulled by a road block of police. We’d been flashed by other bikers coming the opposite direction so we were crawling along.

All the police were bikers themselves and were totally clued up on tyres, plates etc. One of the lads had a tiny plate and he got told in no uncertain terms to get it changed. The cop who got me just wanted to know how my tyres were wearing as I did not have standard ones on and he had the same bike!

All in all they were very knowledgable and fair but still told the one dodge pot what he had to do.

The fact is little plates look better on bikes.

Big plates ruin the look and that’s why a lot of bikers change them not because they are Ronnie Biggs.

Back