Custom Pc- Help needed

Definitely 5800x. Without going in to the technical details, especially if you are a gamer.

Personally I’m fine with this, but for the fullness of information. There are expectations that the AMD architecture is changing on CPU and motherboards in 2022. First time in quite a few years. New version of RAM being one of the reasons. For the last few years you could switch out CPUs and keep the same motherboard and RAM due to being the same family of parts. You wouldn’t be able to do that after next year. If you are like me and don’t plan on changing your pc much for 5 years then it makes no difference.
I've decided to upgrade either the cpu or gpu. Would you go for the 5800x instead of 3700x or for the rtx 3070 instead of the 2060 super?

I've decided to upgrade either the cpu or gpu. Would you go for the 5800x instead of 3700x or for the rtx 3070 instead of the 2060 super?
PC parts are a funny thing. You upgrade 1 thing and it creates a bottleneck in another part. A new state of the art GPU can’t get it’s expected 200 FPS if the CPU is old and slowing it down (or vice versa). It also depends on which game you are playing. Some are GPU heavy and some are CPU.

look at these benchmark and look at the FPS compared and it will give you an idea of what you will be paying for.

In an ideal world the answer is both! You have to ask yourself if it’s worth the extra money it will cost? It’s a personal choice to be honest.

Personally if I had your setup I don’t know which I would choose. Probably CPU.

Sorry, I might not be much help here! Good luck mate.

Back