Curries

Mighty SMB,

I'm researching a project on a take-away/delivery chain of stores based on curries/tandoor food.

I'd like to know your main 3 reasons for choosing a curry for take-away and your spending limit per meal excluding drinks.

It will all end in a piss-take and ridicule, but serious answers are also appreciated.

Thanks in advance -

/Andy
1. Convenience- making a curry can often take a lot of time and result in mess. Mind the food has to come within an hour of order and be hot. This is where you get let down as a consumer.
2. Ingredients/ taste/ restaurant philosophy. We go to a South Indian curry house because it's a bit different to the standard madras/balti/vindaloo joints. The food seems of a higher quality.
3. I like curry?

Would probably pay about a 8.99 for a main, 5 for rice and 7 for side

Usually spend about £10 per person on an indian take away.
It's extremely satisfying and feels like an event rather than just servicing your hunger.

Usually order a Chicken Jalfrezi or Lamb Balti.

Occasionally get a a Chicken Tarka.
It's like a chicken tikka but a little otter

1. Convenience- making a curry can often take a lot of time and result in mess. Mind the food has to come within an hour of order and be hot. This is where you get let down as a consumer.
2. Ingredients/ taste/ restaurant philosophy. We go to a South Indian curry house because it's a bit different to the standard madras/balti/vindaloo joints. The food seems of a higher quality.
3. I like curry?

Would probably pay about a 8.99 for a main, 5 for rice and 7 for side

Thank you for a very useful reply, marra.

Mighty SMB,

I'm researching a project on a take-away/delivery chain of stores based on curries/tandoor food.

I'd like to know your main 3 reasons for choosing a curry for take-away and your spending limit per meal excluding drinks.

It will all end in a piss-take and ridicule, but serious answers are also appreciated.

Thanks in advance -

/Andy
Only really use delivery but -

Reasons
1) If I've used it before and the family were satisfied.
2) The type of food that we fancy.
3) If it is in an easy online ordering and delivery system for example Just Eat.

Never really think about the price but sometimes reduce the order if I think the volume is too much or if I've got any dishes that are too similar.

Love this description...its true

It changes your day/night if you get an indians. Could easily get fish and chips or a pizza and carry on with your day as if you've just ate a standard meal. A curry with all the works, bhajis, popadoms, rice etc is a big event and requires planning and organisation. The ceremony of putting out your rice and curry the way you want it and your side dishes etc.

Then you're absolutely ruined after it, and if its a particularly spicy one, you know you're still gonna be involved with it the next day. All part of the deal though

I wish I could move Ocean Road to Scotland
In 13 years I've still never had a curry in Scotland that was anywhere near as good as a Shields one
I am disappointed with Shields curries - mostly if not all Bangladeshi and usually not as good as Indian or Pakistani.

Just throwing in another question: Do you order vegetarian dishes?

Thanks again!
Always.

Back