Current heatwave in the UK

Would be nice if it wasn't for the wind, which seems to be constant.
No wind here for the last couple of days. However, it's scorching one minute & lashing the next. My son asked me this morning would I kick a ball about the garden with him. As it was nice outside, I told him to go in & put on his boots. By the time he did that & got to the garden, it was absolutely torrential.

No wind here for the last couple of days. However, it's scorching one minute & lashing the next. My son asked me this morning would I kick a ball about the garden with him. As it was nice outside, I told him to go in & put on his boots. By the time he did that & got to the garden, it was absolutely torrential.
Think the OP has a point, weather up to now here in SR6 has been poor, any heat has come with high winds which I can’t recall being an issue back in my dim & distant past, but hey ho, maybe it was.

Think the OP has a point, weather up to now here in SR6 has been poor, any heat has come with high winds which I can’t recall being an issue back in my dim & distant past, but hey ho, maybe it was.
Had a few decent hours 12-7pm ish today. Nowt blistering but better than most of the weather we have had this year. Been a shocking summer all told imo.

Woke up this morning early was glorious but as usual the bloody clouds are in again.

OP is right like been a shit one so far, cloudy and windy. Still warm but not as many scorchers been had yet.

Woke up this morning early was glorious but as usual the bloody clouds are in again.

OP is right like been a shit one so far, cloudy and windy. Still warm but not as many scorchers been had yet.
That's the thing. We're a few days into July now & we're still waiting. If & when they do come, they are going to be very short-lived.

I remember saying to a couple of lads in work on one beautiful day back in April, I think, "Lads, I have a very good feeling about this summer. It's going to be an absolute scorcher". Feel like a right silly sausage now. :(

That's the thing. We're a few days into July now & we're still waiting. If & when they do come, they are going to be very short-lived.

I remember saying to a couple of lads in work on one beautiful day back in April, I think, "Lads, I have a very good feeling about this summer. It's going to be an absolute scorcher". Feel like a right silly sausage now. :(
So its all your fault then.. :lol:

Back