Cultural References

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date

im 63 and I’m increasingly notice that people don’t get some of the things I say, the metaphors and analogies I use or the sheer genius of my imaginative wit and intelligent humour.

I was with a group of 12 people today and I made a reference to Lemmy. I had to tell them all who he was: Nothing. So I mentioned Motörhead: Nowt. I googled a f***ing photo of the twat: still not a clue.

I’ve had similar experiences referring to a whole range of things like famous actors, tv shows, films, books, phrases, historical characters, battles... I mean one person I was talking with once had no idea that there had ever been an English Civil War.

Is it just me?
I often go over people's heads. A bit like an aeroplane.

You think I'm an aeroplane, don't you George?

im 63 and I’m increasingly notice that people don’t get some of the things I say, the metaphors and analogies I use or the sheer genius of my imaginative wit and intelligent humour.

I was with a group of 12 people today and I made a reference to Lemmy. I had to tell them all who he was: Nothing. So I mentioned Motörhead: Nowt. I googled a f***ing photo of the twat: still not a clue.

I’ve had similar experiences referring to a whole range of things like famous actors, tv shows, films, books, phrases, historical characters, battles... I mean one person I was talking with once had no idea that there had ever been an English Civil War.

Is it just me?
Have the same problem mate, most under 40 are f***ing clueless as to what has gone on in the world, famous people who have had a impact on society or just meaningless banter like lemmy from moterhead yet i can probably name most of the singers in the charts now, all there interested in is bragging, about cars, watches, sniff and greygoose etc. Boresheeds most of them imo.

Have the same problem mate, most under 40 are f***ing clueless as to what has gone on in the world, famous people who have had a impact on society or just meaningless banter like lemmy from moterhead yet i can probably name most of the singers in the charts now, all there interested in is bragging, about cars, watches, sniff and greygoose etc. Boresheeds most of them imo.
Bloody kids, walking around taking photos of themselves on those walky talkies!!!

Red Square's dead square
we know that for a fact
no McEwans Best Scotch in the Warsaw Pact
They've just got propaganda
not proper Geordie brew
Russia? Nice place shame about the beer

No McEwans anywhere
cannit get a flight
so we went by geordie air
Goodbye Vladivostok
Hallo Tyne and Wear
Russia? Nice place shame about the beer