Cult CM/FM players of yesteryear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone remember the name of the Welsh centre half you could pick up for £10,000 from the Welsh League (Bala Town maybe?) who could immediately start in the Premier League? Probably around 2000/01. It's bugging me.

I have a signed photo of Cherno Samba.

There was an Italian CM who was a world beater and it turned out that he wasn't actually real. Mascio or something like that.

Sherman Cardenas and Nicolas Milan

Javier Saviola when he was a 16 year old for River Plate, absolutel world beater and best striker on the game by he was 18/19.

Mario Jardel when he was at Porto, joined Bolton a few years later and was shocking.

Random one but in 2003 there was a footy manager magazine what had a transfer window update patch. This patch had Matty Piper as a superstar, remember selling him to Bayern Munich.

CM 93

Chris Bart Williams
Scott Morgan
Simon Burton
Ian Selley
Richard Hall
Jeff Kenna
Julian Watts

All turned in to world beaters, those where the days :D

Gianni Comandini an absolute goal machine. Also Gaetano D'Agostino got plenty goals from the attacking midfield position.

Lots of classic players mentioned already. Few that I can think of:

Bjon Heidenstrom (from Leyton Orient on 97/98)
Luis Miguel Cavaco (from Stockport on 97/98)
Leonardo (not an obscure player but you could sign him for Sunderland in the second season on 97/98)
Tommy svindal Larsen (97/98 from someone like Tromso)
Stefan Selakovic (tbf an international in real life but ridiculous on the game, can't remember which version).

More recently Kerlon was ridiculous on the game but turned out shite in real life.
Nigel Reo Coker - same as above.

Also I swear Samba and Adu being good was a bit of a myth. They were OK but not what you needed if you were going for Champions League etc.

Oh and I forgot to mention Denilson, he was great on the game but never really fulfilled his potential in the real world.

Oh and Henry was great on 97/98...took a few years before he became a household name.

Last edited:
Mike Duff was about 10 pence. Great for trying to move up the leagues.

No one mentioned Evandro roncatto? Was an absolute beast. Was it cm 03/04? You could sign a ridiculous team for less than £5m

Cm - Freddy William Thompson
Cm - fredy guarin
Rw - Vieirinha
Lw - Helder Barbosa
Sc - Daniel braathen
Sc - Evandro roncatto
They might as well have been cheat players basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back