Culinary Cock-ups

Tried to knock up a quick Chinese curry once when I was young but only had corned beef to hand meat wise, cut it into cubes thinking that will be ok not thinking its basically just bound together and it just turned into absolute mush.
I didn't eat it.

Made Carbonara and it was like scrambled egg.
Aye, I've fallen into that trap. Still been edible like but it's easily done.
Tried to knock up a quick Chinese curry once when I was young but only had corned beef to hand meat wise, cut it into cubes thinking that will be ok not thinking its basically just bound together and it just turned into absolute mush.
I didn't eat it.
This reminds me of the time I came in pissed and thought I could get away with making a quick corned beef toastie by whacking a slice of corned beef between two slices of bread and shoving The whole thing in the toaster. The corned beef just melted and went all ower the toaster, stinking the place out. I was still at home at the time - ma wasn't impressed, and I've not been allowed to forget it.

Last edited:

This reminds me of the time I came in pissed and thought I could get away with making a quick corned beef toastie by whacking a slice of corned beef between two slices of bread and shoving The whole thing in the toaster. The corned beef just melted and went all ower the toaster, stinking the place out. I was still at home at the time - ma wasn't impressed, and I've not been allowed to forget it.
It was creamy the next time I made it and lush.

You live and learn.

I once stayed over after a party at a stranger's house. Dying for a piss in the middle of the night. Couldn't use the bathroom as you had to go through this lad's bedroom to get there and he was busy 'entertaining' a young lady. Decided to piss in the kitchen sink. Was too pissed to realise there was a tray of chicken pieces defrosting in there. Did not stay for Sunday lunch.

The missus managed to set fire to a potato in the microwave.

I tried to make mac and cheese for my daughter. Not sure what happened as I followed the recipe but somehow it went very wrong and tasted how I imagine dog vomit might taste.

You've got to lay the toaster on its side. You can make cheese on toast like that too.
Logon or register to see this image

When we were on the road in Morocco, picked up a tube of tomato paste to hoy in the pasta, put plenty in, turned out it was harissa. Couldn't even eat second forkful, the stray dog that was hanging about got the full pan knocked it all down in about twenty seconds. He looked at us with a sort of wtf expression and just took off like a greyhound, think he was running out to sea to get away from his burning arsehole.
Crying with laughter after reading that, genuinely 😂

I once stayed over after a party at a stranger's house. Dying for a piss in the middle of the night. Couldn't use the bathroom as you had to go through this lad's bedroom to get there and he was busy 'entertaining' a young lady. Decided to piss in the kitchen sink. Was too pissed to realise there was a tray of chicken pieces defrosting in there. Did not stay for Sunday lunch.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻😂

Tried to cook some fish fingers in a toaster in the works canteen once. Don't know what I was thinking. As soon as they thawed out they went floppy and just collapsed and leaked into the mechanism.

I raked it all out as best I could and kept quiet, but every time anyone fired it up for a round of toast or a crumpet the whole place stunk like a smear clinic. It got labelled as an electrical fault and binned in the end.

Not so much a cooking disaster but my two grown up mates turned up with disposal BBQ’s when camping. Going on about chops, sausage and tomatoes they had.
They actually thought that the picture on the cover was what you bought and the meat was already on the the BBQ. It gets brought up even now 20 odd years later.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back