Cuba

2 centre holiday with 3 nights in havana then out to AI varadero. Havana a must if you go there before it changes. I like to get out and explore outside the AI resort so this one was good with free bikes you could ride down to the town for some people watching.
My daughter (no!) is a travel agent working online and she had a deal on Friday or Saturday going out there today for under £700 2 weeks AI!
I wish I had been free for that!

Really liked it, but tbh, I could have been anywhere on earth as we went to Cayo Santa Maria.

Spent a few days in Havanna, which was ok, but felt like I didn't really "see" the place tbh

Went a couple of year back and enjoyed it, its a poor country but the locals are fine.
Hotels seem to be years behind though with tourists and standards.
Havanas a must see.

Going from casa familia to casa familia all over a region of cuba is truly amazing. Travel about and see the place. Its not for the fussy mind.
On the other hand the all inclusive "5 star" resorts are a bit shite.

Was in Havana a couple of years back at the Hotel Ambos Mundos, Hemingways Hotel of choice. Great roof-top breakfasts, great holiday.

Havana is like stepping back in the past, eating in houses overlooking the main boulevard everyone come out at night in their best clothes like Sunderland in the 80s. Traveling in the old 50s cars owners will talk to you all day about them very proud. Some really nice colonial hotels and bars to eat and drink in, visit the hotel national where Churchill stopped. Lots of live bands, go to the ballet very reasonable very safe place even in the suburbs

Been 4 times, if your going for 2 weeks a #2 centre holiday is best, Havana and a resort.
People are fabulous, just want to chat, the women are some of the most beautiful anywhere in the world, the only downside is some resorts seem to get lots Russian. They are more ignorant than Americans.
Walking around Havana is fabulous, some great little bars and restaurants and beer is top notch.
Its worth going just to see the vintage cars, last time I traveled between Varadeo & Havana we hired a 1950's plymouth and the driver had managed to install a small heat pump to provide air conditioning.

Back