CSC cameras

mickb2112

Striker
I`m thinking of supplementing my full frame DSLR with a smaller CSC camera mainly as a more convenient walk around but also one I can have in my bag as a second camera when I`m shooting gigs.

I`m currently looking at an Olympus OM-D EM10 Mk ii.

Has anyone got one? What`s the image quality like. Are there better options around at a similar-ish price?

Whats your full frame? I've toyed with the idea but just thinking more kit, more lenses etc. I've got Canon 5dmk4 and 7dmk2 looked at Canon csc's with ef adaptor - Then just thought sod it I'll stick with what I've got!

I`ve got a Canon 6D with Canon 24-70 2.8 and Canon 70-200 2.8 lenses so pretty heavy to hump about.

I was thinking about going for a wide angle lens but then saw the Olympus and really liked it and thought I would probably take it out more on a day to day basis.

I've got the em10 mk2, but just use it with the two kit lenses it came with. Some days I regret getting shot of my Nikon stuff, but then compare the size and weight of the two systems. The small difference in IQ on the side of a dslr is a price I'm quite happy to pay.
In good light you won't know the difference, and it is much easier to carry around. Put a pancake lens on it and you can stick it in your pocket.

Back