CS 1.6

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
OK, just recorded my first ever CS video. Uploading to YouTube now. \o/

Retrocausality

Here you gan... me in action (and just missing out the win) on my current favourite GunGame server.

Mouse fucks up briefly a few times but otherwise a decent run out.

Great stuff, I'll have to wait till I get in from work to watch it.

Retrocausality

Here you gan... me in action (and just missing out the win) on my current favourite GunGame server.

gg

Sorry to moan but I don't like the annoying 'headshot' voice over. It spoils the game for me.
Great shot with the Scout there marra @ 06:00 minutes on your video.

Last edited by a moderator:

gg

Sorry to moan but I don't like the annoying 'headshot' voice over. It spoils the game for me.
Great shot with the Scout there marra @ 06:00 minutes on your video.

Cheers matey.

I used to dislike the "headshot" voiceover too. I barely notice it now. :)

Me2 actually played it last night
dont have any 1.6 clips but I have a few CS GO ones

dont play the game now, waste of time with all the ruskies and turks.

Incidentally, what key configs are folks using?

I'd put money on mine being the most obscure. :lol: About twenty years ago I had a mate who was the absolute king of FPS games and he showed me this one. At first it was awkward as fuck but once I got used to it, I loved it so much that now I can't imagine using anything else. I've never met anyone else that uses anything like it. :lol:

Move Forward: Right Mouse Button
Move Backward: Left CTRL

Walk: Left Shift
Crouch: z
Strafe Left: x
Strafe Right: c

Jump: Space

Main attack: Left Mouse Button
Secondary attack: s
Use (open doors etc.): d
Switch to last weapon: f
Drop weapon: g

Comms: q,w,e
Reload: r

Last edited:

Retrocausality

That just looks like a big cluster fuck of nothingness (only skimmed through it mind, was too mindnumbing to actually watch). Hate games where you just die spawn die spawn die spawn. Much prefer where you have to try do tactics and whatnot and if you die you are out till the round ends (proper Counter Strike).

That just looks like a big cluster fuck of nothingness (only skimmed through it mind, was too mindnumbing to actually watch). Hate games where you just die spawn die spawn die spawn. Much prefer where you have to try do tactics and whatnot and if you die you are out till the round ends (proper Counter Strike).
Im a fan of classic too, gun game means when you get kills you get a better gun on respawn, if you get killed you get a less powerful gun - it goes on till the winner gets the most powerful gun iirc

Im a fan of classic too, gun game means when you get kills you get a better gun on respawn, if you get killed you get a less powerful gun - it goes on till the winner gets the most powerful gun iirc

Nearly but not quite.

You get the guns by getting kills but you don't need to respawn to get the next gun in the chain. On this server, three regular kills gets you the next gun. Alternatively, one knife kill gets you the next gun but also strips one level from the guy you've knifed - you essentially "steal" a level from them. You don't get their gun, you just get your next gun and they go back to their previous gun.

Some servers have it so you only need one regular kill to get the next gun, other servers you need five regular kills to get the next gun. Three is a nice middle ground IMO. When it's more than three, knifing becomes more prevalent. When it's less than three, knifing becomes less worthwhile. Three makes it worth knifing but not worth running around with your knife out all the time instead of using the guns.

The order of guns is set by the server. Some gungames have the guns in a fairly random sequence, others like this one I play on have them in groups of gun types. This particular one has pistols then shotguns then submachine guns then cheaper assault rifles then sniper rifles then the more expensive assault rifles and the M249 before a HE grenade level (one kill needed and knife doesn't get you the level but you also have a Glock you can use to assist your HE grenade, and if you haven't died since being on M249 level then you still have that too but the kills with the guns don't count - you have to get the kill with HE grenade to progress) and then finally knife level (one kill needed for the win, and you have no other weapons unless you haven't died since getting onto the knife level, in which case you'd still also have the Glock to help you, or sometimes even the M249 if you made it through the HE level without dying too).

I've made that sound really convoluted. Let's try again...

---- Guns for the first 24 levels: (3 kills with each gun to progress to next weapon or kill using knife to steal a level)
Levels 1-6 Pistols
L7-8 Shotguns
9 - machine pistol
10 - Mac10
11-13 - SMGs
14 - Galil
15 - Famas
16 - AK47
17 - Scout
18 - AWP
19-20 semi-auto sniper rifles
21 M4A1
22 SG scoped assault rifle
23 AUG scoped assault rifle
24 M249
-------
25 HE grenade - only 1 kill needed with HE. You have a Glock and knife too (and your M249 still if you haven't yet died since progressing) but only HE kills count)
26 Knife - only 1 kill needed with knife. If you haven't yet died you will still have Glock (and M249 if you made it past the previous level without dying) but only knife kill counts
~~~WIN~~~

Yeah, I know a few people that prefer it that way. I get bored sitting waiting for the round to end. I much prefer "deathmatch" where you respawn when you die, but my absolute favourites are these Deathmatch GunGames where you progress through the weapons as you get kills and then you have a proper outright winning player at the end.

It does involve tactics, but in a different way to "proper" Counter-Strike. Regular CS tactics won't work in a GunGame just like Gungame tactics won't work in regular CS.

Also you only lose a level if you get knifed or if you suicide (with your own HE or by falling of a high ledge or by drowning or landing in lava/toxic waste) - you don't lose one just for dying from a gunshot or someone else's HE.

Last edited:

Back