Crufts Flyball winner banned from keeping dogs for life

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Son of Stan, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of Stan

Son of Stan Winger

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...banned-keeping-dogs-life-rspca-investigation/

I just don't understand the levels of animal cruelty some people seem capable of.
    Margaret Greaves kept 30 dogs, two cats and two parrots in dark rooms and in cramped cages which were covered in faeces and urine.
    She won a Flyball title at Crufts in 2014 so she wasn't incapable of caring for animals. She'd planned on having them all put down but was raided the same week.
    She got a suspended sentence and is banned from keeping dogs for life. Good.

2. Suspended sentence? She should be suspended all right! At least caged.

Son of Stan likes this.
  3. Son of Stan

Son of Stan Winger

Sadly these sort of sentences for animal cruelty never go far enough for me. Even if she had some sort of illness that doesn't explain why she couldn't have sought help.

4. This:

"Sean Smith, defending, said: "Before this incident she had sold off kennels and equipment as she was thinking of moving.

"There was a time when she decided she could no longer cope and decided to downsize. She planned on having the animals put down that week.""

...is her DEFENCE?

5. scraff

scraff Winger

What a twat, should make her live in a room for a couple of months without any sanitation, the heartless cow.

6. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

There should be a limit on the number of dogs a person can keep, and dog breeding should be tightly regulated.

7. Obviously not an animal lover, probably just sees them as a business.

ivanthereasonable likes this.
  8. dixonsafc

dixonsafc Striker

Crufts is corrupt as fuck. Nobody there gives a fuck about their dogs welfare. Care more about a rosette than whether there dog enjoys their life.

9. becs

becs Striker

Them poor dogs :cry:

10. What A Waster

What A Waster Winger

Sounds like they had a ruff time.

11. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

There should be dog licences, properly paid for, not just the token fee they once were and also far more encouragement to get a rescue pet rather than going to a breeder.

girojim likes this.
  12. Son of Stan

Son of Stan Winger

I hate to see anything in cages. My local pet warehouse, Jollyes, where I get my cat supplies, has started to sell birds, rats, mice and rabbits. It puts me off going in as I find it a bit upsetting.

13. lenshack

lenshack Striker

Dogs to them are just a means to an end.

Up until a few years ago when the shit finally hit the fan, the Kennel club and the likes of Crufts were responsible for canine cruelty beyond belief with their evil breeding practices.

14. Lukas73

Lukas73 Winger

Boils my piss :evil:

Should've shot the bitch..

Sheldon_Cooper likes this.
  15. This.

What a scumbag. Those poor animals in small cages. She wants a good kicking. I'm sick of the courts going easy on twats like this. I hope she gets animal rights groups banging on her door.

16. Royal 8er

Royal 8er Winger

Yet many on here are happy that 000's of PEOPLE live like this in refugee camps through no fault of their own.

17. Kid Galahad

Kid Galahad Striker

So you think they should be put down? Bit harsh imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.