CR's Epiphanic Booing Thread

DEN v WAL

both anthems obseved with respect, some hubbub from Denmark fans who outnumbered the Wales lot but no booing
Wales took the knee, and I have to say they did it well, nice and firm, not this weak wobbly few seconds some teams do, no booing

ITA v AUS

Wembley doesn't look half full, but the mostly Italian crowd observed both anthems with respect, no taking the knee

you're illiterate but somewhat entertaining 😃👍
Wales booed out onto the field by the Danes.
Distasteful and xenophobic

DEN v WAL

both anthems obseved with respect, some hubbub from Denmark fans who outnumbered the Wales lot but no booing
Wales took the knee, and I have to say they did it well, nice and firm, not this weak wobbly few seconds some teams do, no booing

ITA v AUS

Wembley doesn't look half full, but the mostly Italian crowd observed both anthems with respect, no taking the knee

Den fans are awesome

BEL V POR

promises to be a cracking match and the restricted crowd are no disappointment

both heartfelt anthems given dignified respect and both teams taking the knee and cheered by the crowd for doing so

promises to be a truly great match, let's hope it isn't too cagey given the import of the result

DEN v WAL

ITA v AUS

Yeah? I’m also illegitimate which I guess will come as no surprise to you Mrs perfect.

I tend not to worry too much about literary accuracies when posting on footie forums. I took greater care when studying for the Bar, during my MBA and on my 130,000 word thesis for my Doctorate. My being “Illiterate” is something that I have never been accused of previously and has in any of the feedback I received as I passed all those with flying colours.

Gotta be honest with you “Catty”, I would obviously gladly swap all that for your own approval which I continue to lose much sleep over.

Something in my illiterate Lind is suggesting to me that you are not particularly satisfied with the hand that life has dealt you. I don’t have, or require, a psychology qualification to see that 😉

Now why don’t you just put your paddle back in the water and paddle politely on to troll someone else with those green eyes of yours 🐈🌈

Was thinking yesterday that I can't think of another country whose fans routinely boo the opposing team's anthem regardless of who they are.
I know some countries have a particular rivalry where it may happen but they don't boo every team they play.
So far in this tournament only England have boo'd their own players and the opposing anthem.

Are there other countries whose fans do this? I'm sure there are, like Turkey? Do they boo their opponents' anthems?
Absolute lack of respect or class. Toe curlingly cringeworthy

ENG v GER

England fans booed loudly and consistently from the moment the Germany anthem was introduced

no booing heard from the very small contingent of German fans during the English anthem

both teams took the knee and seemed to be taking it as a good stretch opportunity, boos heard but very quickly and loudly silenced with cheering

England fans booing Germany when they have the ball, but this I see as part of match play shenanigans and not an utter lack of self respect

ENG v GER

England fans booed loudly and consistently from the moment the Germany anthem was introduced

no booing heard from the very small contingent of German fans during the English anthem

both teams took the knee and seemed to be taking it as a good stretch opportunity, boos heard but very quickly and loudly silenced with cheering

England fans booing Germany when they have the ball, but this I see as part of match play shenanigans and not an utter lack of self respect
96.3% booing to the German national anthem where I’m stood, 100% belting out GSTQ. Bloke next to me did a feeble boo against the knee till I told him to f***ing pack in booing his own players and he did.

I’m not saying that other countries do it or not, but I find it embarrassing and disrespectful. However it’s better than the racist abuse our players receive from Eastern Europeans. I’m not sure if the OP commented back then either

96.3% booing to the German national anthem where I’m stood, 100% belting out GSTQ. Bloke next to me did a feeble boo against the knee till I told him to f***ing pack in booing his own players and he did.
very sexy of you, keep up the good work
I don´t hate the English, my ex was not so much English as German, my current toy is English and amazing, I am not a cat lady, I don´t even like cats 😃 👍
I’m not saying that other countries do it or not, but I find it embarrassing and disrespectful. However it’s better than the racist abuse our players receive from Eastern Europeans. I’m not sure if the OP commented back then either
so far the only other team to boo an anthem are the Scottish against England, and England fans have booed all but one of their opponents´ anthems
I bet the twat you told off didn´t boo that black lad scoring a glorious goal
SWE v UKR

both anthems observed with respect and no taking the knee

Last edited:
Was thinking yesterday that I can't think of another country whose fans routinely boo the opposing team's anthem regardless of who they are.
I know some countries have a particular rivalry where it may happen but they don't boo every team they play.
So far in this tournament only England have boo'd their own players and the opposing anthem.

Are there other countries whose fans do this? I'm sure there are, like Turkey? Do they boo their opponents' anthems?

Bump

Back