Crowd reaction on Friday

I was on a right downer after the Burton match from as soon as it finished for the rest of the week, but as soon as I got to the ground for the Coventry match I was well up for it again after a couple of pints before the match.

It’s been the same this week after the Coventry match but once again I know that as soon as I’ve had a couple of pints with the lads before the match tomorrow I’ll be well up for it again.

The majority will be the same and be right behind the lads come kick off tomorrow, it’s over to them to not fuck things up again in front of another massive third division crowd.

Managed to get the car fixed so me and the lad driving up on Friday morning. I know 2 southern day trippers watering down the atmosphere again ;).

My brother and his son are over from NZ so we’ll be right up for it.

STID

How will it go? I think there will be a canny atmosphere in the ground at kick off. An extra couple of hours on the beer for some will contribute. However if we don't start well, I can see a few groans creeping in to any misplaced pass or poor first touch. We've been fantastic this season. We've turned up in numbers and on the occasions we have gone behind we have roared at the restart. It's absolutely vital the crowd stays with the team on Friday.
Atmosphere has largely been extremely poor this season.. I'm hoping that fans attending start realising that we can be the 12th man in games..

Think it will naturally be very dependent on the early kick-offs. If there were some slip ups it would be bouncing. If all the others win i think it will be very nervy.

Not necessarily. I was talking about our support overall, but asked what the reaction will be on Friday. My concern is after reading the complete over reaction to Saturday's result that some have now got a mindset and will be on the backs of certain players at the first hint of trouble.
who overreacted mate? I didn’t see it.

The stayaways will be wetting the bed on here
You're overreacting.

I must have missed something this season.
The crowd have mainly been behind the team all season.
I'm just wondering whether some on here have actually been to many games, getting their knickers in a twist because of moaners in the crowd.
They've always been there, at Roker Park and any ground in the country you care to mention.

It'll depend on what happened the last time we did something.

Misplaced pass / successful sideways pass or worst of all the cardinal sin of conceding a corner and everyone not rushing forward the moment it is taken = get on their backs.

Attacking play / slide tackle / a hopeless and pointless chase down of the keeper = standing ovation.

I must have missed something this season.
The crowd have mainly been behind the team all season.
I'm just wondering whether some on here have actually been to many games, getting their knickers in a twist because of moaners in the crowd.
They've always been there, at Roker Park and any ground in the country you care to mention.
We all know most on here choose not to go

It'll depend on what happened the last time we did something.

Misplaced pass / successful sideways pass or worst of all the cardinal sin of conceding a corner and everyone not rushing forward the moment it is taken = get on their backs.

Attacking play / slide tackle / a hopeless and pointless chase down of the keeper = standing ovation.

A masterclass in exaggeration :D

Back