Crossing the Line

ChicagoCat

Winger
With no sport, and a corona lockdown in California, I stumbled upon this documentary on YouTube.

It's about the South Africa - Australia tampering series. Really well done. I forgot how good the series was, and how much shithousery the Aussies were involved with leading up to the ultimate crescendo. Then I laughed my tits off as Warner and Smith cried for the cameras. Never gets old! The cheating bastards.

Highly recommended.

With no sport, and a corona lockdown in California, I stumbled upon this documentary on YouTube.

It's about the South Africa - Australia tampering series. Really well done. I forgot how good the series was, and how much shithousery the Aussies were involved with leading up to the ultimate crescendo. Then I laughed my tits off as Warner and Smith cried for the cameras. Never gets old! The cheating bastards.

Highly recommended.
Aye seen that when it came out was very good.

Just been watching this (definitely not while working from home) and found it really interesting. We've always known what bellends the Aussies are, but this really showed their true colours. I still can't believe no investigation was done into previous matches, especially in The Ashes prior to that series.

Just been watching this (definitely not while working from home) and found it really interesting. We've always known what bellends the Aussies are, but this really showed their true colours. I still can't believe no investigation was done into previous matches, especially in The Ashes prior to that series.
Didn't some England players feel that at the time?

Broad was on the documentary saying he was surprised by how much they were swinging the ball. He didn't go as far as saying they should be investigated for that series, but there was a very strong implication.
I suppose they can't really prove it, surely the host broadcaster would have some evidence?... what a silly question :lol:

I can vaguely remember the first test and the South African commentator becoming clearly annoyed by something. No idea what it was but his voice became louder and he was snapping rather than talking normally. I thought at the time he was pissed off by South Africa folding so quickly but maybe he knew what was going on?

I can vaguely remember the first test and the South African commentator becoming clearly annoyed by something. No idea what it was but his voice became louder and he was snapping rather than talking normally. I thought at the time he was pissed off by South Africa folding so quickly but maybe he knew what was going on?

Just the absolute levels of gob-shitery from the Aussies. He talks about it in the doc - he asked the stump mics to be turned down as it was beyond what should be happening on a cricket field. Had no idea how tense things were in that series.

Just the absolute levels of gob-shitery from the Aussies. He talks about it in the doc - he asked the stump mics to be turned down as it was beyond what should be happening on a cricket field. Had no idea how tense things were in that series.
Did hope the documentary would have played some of the comments the stump mic picked up on

This is why I got so annoyed about the pundits just slagging off English fans, paying £100 a ticket, for booing these 2 shit heads
I'm sure in the aftermath Alistair Cook said he had his suspicions during the Ashes that something was afoot

He said Warner mentioned about using stuff to tamper with the ball after the series and after a few beers

will try find the quote

they were cheating for ages

the one Broad is om about in Perth, there is no physical way in those conditions it could have swung like that

Last edited:

Back