Croft Track Day Experience

Just booked up to go round in a Subaru STI with the boy .Wouldnt care but I’ve owned 3 of the fuckers when I was younger ..

He was too young to appreciate them ,and is JDM performance car Daft now.Suppose its only £65 and cheaper than going out and buying one ,which has/Is crossed my mind .

Just booked up to go round in a Subaru STI with the boy .Wouldnt care but I’ve owned 3 of the fuckers when I was younger ..

He was too young to appreciate them ,and is JDM performance car Daft now.Suppose its only £65 and cheaper than going out and buying one ,which has/Is crossed my mind .

Really? For £65 what can you expect? I mean you can do the Ferrari, McLaren AND Aston Martin but that is for about £500. What you get is relative to the price you pay. I think for £65 a Subaru STI is a canny session. Nice car. I think a better comparison to the Focus RS than anything. Now that is a proper hot hatch. Is 27.2 MPG a good figure? Because that is the most you go on a gallon.

Have you booked yet?
If so, when?

Aye. Did it ages ago. Early July is when I go. I think the first Saturday. Got the day off work to do it. Just told my Line Manager that I wasn't available on that day and he put it in his diary so he knows I cannot do Overtime that day.

BTW, something I have always wanted to ask anyone who has done a track day I am going to. When you went on it when you were in the classroom session where they teach you stuff, how hard was it to get? Did you find it a cinch?

Last edited:
Really? For £65 what can you expect? I mean you can do the Ferrari, McLaren AND Aston Martin but that is for about £500. What you get is relative to the price you pay. I think for £65 a Subaru STI is a canny session. Nice car. I think a better comparison to the Focus RS than anything. Now that is a proper hot hatch. Is 27.2 MPG a good figure? Because that is the most you go on a gallon.
Why are you talking about fuel economy?

Is filling up the car, part of the track day experience? :lol:

Aye. Did it ages ago. Early July is when I go. I think the first Saturday. Got the day off work to do it. Just told my Line Manager that I wasn't available on that day and he put it in his diary so he knows I cannot do Overtime that day.

BTW, something I have always wanted to ask anyone who has done a track day I am going to. When you went on it when you were in the classroom session where they teach you stuff, how hard was it to get? Did you find it a cinch?

I'd imagine this will be all safety stuff and making sure nobody taking part sticks a car into a wall, as opposed to trying to make anyone 'quicker'.

BTW, something I have always wanted to ask anyone who has done a track day I am going to. When you went on it when you were in the classroom session where they teach you stuff, how hard was it to get? Did you find it a cinch?[/QUOTE]

You will be fine mate. Wife (No, well she is driving the car in my avatar) did a track day at Croft and I sat in on the briefing, common sense really what side of track to position yourself, when to let a fast car through, clue they will be flashing their lights, etc.
Wife did the slow laps in a Kia or Mazda, I think, to familiarise herself with the track then the Porsche and the Aventidor, there were the laps in the open top sports car but unfortunately my wife kept trapping her foot on the pedals which rather spoilt the experience. I would however recommend paying for extra laps with the expert driving as you learn an awful lot in those laps if you look and listen.

I think for £65 a Subaru STI is a canny session. Nice car. I think a better comparison to the Focus RS than anything. Now that is a proper hot hatch. Is 27.2 MPG a good figure? Because that is the most you go on a gallon.
Did you just suggest a Focus RS is better than a Scooby??????

Might just be me but i’d rather pay £65 and have a go in a scooby than pay silly money for a go in a ferrari

In the classroom bit they just talk about apexes and breaking in a straight line. Also tell you not to weave about when a faster car is coming up behind you and just to stay on your line. Nowt too complicated. They won't be talking about left-foot breaking and lift off oversteer etc.

Back