Croatia Advice

It most certainly is a terrible thing :D
I’m glad you are enjoying the local beverages I loved Croatia
Just back from Pag. The drive from Zadar is fantastic with some brilliant views.
The town of Pag itself is well worth a visit.
I'm sure you went to Makarska when you were there, any highlights?

Thanks x

How much per day do you think we will need to spend? Not fussed about fancy restaurants or anything. A few drinks would be nice on a night. My friend is worried about cost, even though I've shown her the glowing praise in this thread. Must admit, after researching today, I really want to go so need something to persuade her!

How much per day do you think we will need to spend? Not fussed about fancy restaurants or anything. A few drinks would be nice on a night. My friend is worried about cost, even though I've shown her the glowing praise in this thread. Must admit, after researching today, I really want to go so need something to persuade her!
We budgeted for £75 a day for the trip but we've spent nowhere near that (that was for 2 of us)

It is possible to eat and drink very cheaply here and splash out on the occasional decent meal.

We budgeted for £75 a day for the trip but we've spent nowhere near that (that was for 2 of us)

It is possible to eat and drink very cheaply here and splash out on the occasional decent meal.
Cheapest day you've had overall? We'll be staying in hostels too, so won't be spending too much on accommodation.

Cheapest day you've had overall? We'll be staying in hostels too, so won't be spending too much on accommodation.
Well, today we took a packed lunch with us (ham and cheese salad sandwiches, Spars own version of Pringles and 2 bottles of water) And this evening we've eaten at a local burger place and spent £15. We'll get a couple of beers to take back to the apartment so the day will have cost around £30 if that. (Breakfast included in the apartment cost £34/night but we're old and like some comfort :lol::lol::lol: )

Well, today we took a packed lunch with us (ham and cheese salad sandwiches, Spars own version of Pringles and 2 bottles of water) And this evening we've eaten at a local burger place and spent £15. We'll get a couple of beers to take back to the apartment so the day will have cost around £30 if that. (Breakfast included in the apartment cost £34/night but we're old and like some comfort :lol::lol::lol: )
£34 is cheaper than some of the hostels I've looked at! Any links would be appreciated for places you stayed.

We stayed in Fazana at Apartment Denis 19 which was handy for Porec Pula and Rovinj

In Zadar we are staying at Villa Plat about 6km from the centre. We've done Zadar and a couple of the islands and a couple of small places too.

In Split we are staying at Apartment An & Dy (I kid you not) and in Makarska we are staying at Villa Bouganvillea.

That's all we've booked at the moment but it will depend on when you are going. The summer season doesn't really kick in until May so it's cheap at the moment.

I spent a week there a few years ago, Hvar was incredible, absolutely loved it and will go back at some point. Zagreb was great too, couldn’t spend all the money I had it was so cheap.

We drove that way back - Lake Bled then Salzburg - Munich.
On the way there we drove through Switzerland to the Brenner Pass, through the Italian Alps down to Venice for a few days before Croatia. Not bad for a 30 year old van :lol:
Almost exactly our trip last year. Munich then on to Porec then four days at Bled and a couple in Salzburg and Brussels on the way back adding in a visit to Ypres heading for the ferry.

Porec was excellent, we stayed in the Grand Hotel up at the top of the Port. Prices were good, service from all shops bars and restaurants was excellent and the weather was ideal. Hot but not humid and best of all no mosquitoes.

I've never been but I read through this thread and it seems like the chips are as cheap as.......hold on that's not gonna work.
It's cheap iirc

It's still reasonable but when I went in 86ish it was almost impossible to spend your money, we were having a meal and beer for £2.50
I remember I went to kavos in 92ish and it was the same food and beer for a fiver, my 25 year old son went a couple of year back and I was naming the pubs as if they would still be around. Final straw was when he said he paid to go in a boozer I knew then it had changed, we got hounded to go in and free drinks.

It's still reasonable but when I went in 86ish it was almost impossible to spend your money, we were having a meal and beer for £2.50

Only those who went there back in the 70s and 80s can really know the meaning of cheap.
Cheep,Cheep.:D

Almost exactly our trip last year. Munich then on to Porec then four days at Bled and a couple in Salzburg and Brussels on the way back adding in a visit to Ypres heading for the ferry.

Porec was excellent, we stayed in the Grand Hotel up at the top of the Port. Prices were good, service from all shops bars and restaurants was excellent and the weather was ideal. Hot but not humid and best of all no mosquitoes.

We stayed at Camping Polidor just outside Porec. It's got it's own private beach that they take you to on a free train, it was like something in Ibiza with a great beach bar and 4 poster beds on the beach - only the prices were about £2 a beer and a full day on the bed was £20 euro and it included a bottle of bubbly. Did you go t the Aqua Park? I normally hate them cos of the queues but this one was great, all brand new and I think a can of beer was about a quid with cheap food as well (they normally have your eyes out). It's just outside Porec and was a 10 minute walk for us.

Polidor Camping Park **** | Funtana, Istria, Croatia

We stayed at Camping Polidor just outside Porec. It's got it's own private beach that they take you to on a free train, it was like something in Ibiza with a great beach bar and 4 poster beds on the beach - only the prices were about £2 a beer and a full day on the bed was £20 euro and it included a bottle of bubbly. Did you go t the Aqua Park? I normally hate them cos of the queues but this one was great, all brand new and I think a can of beer was about a quid with cheap food as well (they normally have your eyes out). It's just outside Porec and was a 10 minute walk for us.

Polidor Camping Park **** | Funtana, Istria, Croatia

No we rode past it on the bikes but didn't try it out.
We went on the boat over to that Hotel complex on the island for a day, that was a cracking place with loads of different areas to get loungers and swim either in the sea to their inflatables or several pools.

Valamar Isabella Island Resort, Poreč, Croatia

Back