Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not a fan at all, but like F1, you can't deny it's popularity so it must be doing something right.

I'm not so sure about it's popularity these days.

I read a cricket blog a couple of years ago (can't remember what it was called, but named after a fielding position), and they were on about the demise of county cricket. They had the figures for the previous seasons attendance and they worked out that more people watched Stoke at home in a season than watched the whole of county cricket in a year.

I'm not so sure about it's popularity these days.

I read a cricket blog a couple of years ago (can't remember what it was called, but named after a fielding position), and they were on about the demise of county cricket. They had the figures for the previous seasons attendance and they worked out that more people watched Stoke at home in a season than watched the whole of county cricket in a year.
You are right county cricket doesnt have the pull of international cricket. Most test matches will have large crowds (with the exception of Durham who were fcuked over by the ECB)

Imagine being a bloke and not liking test cricket :lol:

there is nothing better than giving up a whole day to play cricket IMO. love honing my technique on my front foot defensive :cool:

also, the bloke who said cricket ruins his summer obviously wanks off guinea pigs in his spare time.

Absolutely love a good leave myself :cool:

Imagine being a bloke and not liking test cricket :lol:

Absolutely love a good leave myself :cool:
completely agree. my favourite is when it is going miles outside off stump, you step forward as if to play a front foot cover drive and last minute pull the bat away to the left (if right handed) and let it sail through for the wide. :cool:

completely agree. my favourite is when it is going miles outside off stump, you step forward as if to play a front foot cover drive and last minute pull the bat away to the left (if right handed) and let it sail through for the wide. :cool:

:cool:

Or even better when you get the bowler to sack off his delivery just as he gets to full pelt, cos something caught your eye in the crowd :cool:

Don’t mind watching cricket but when they start talking about it on the radio and trying to make it into a huge drama it’s embarrassing. Part of the problem is a lot of ex players that are pundits are boring arseholes. Ronnie irani for example.

Don’t mind watching cricket but when they start talking about it on the radio and trying to make it into a huge drama it’s embarrassing. Part of the problem is a lot of ex players that are pundits are boring arseholes. Ronnie irani for example.

You must be listening to Talk (absolute) Shite though. Irani wouldn't get air time on TMS he's a bell end.

Hope you're not referring to Blowers leaving? Only man who can talk for 30 minutes about a pigeon in the sky. TMS will miss him
TMS has always been about the ability of the commentators to talk about whats not going on for me. Blowers talking about pigeons, buses etc is what makes it what it is. Nowt better than a drive on a day when there's a test match on. I once made the mrs listen to the ashes for a full day during a drive to Devon. She f***ing hated me for it but i loved it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back