Cricket teas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best have to boldon in the coast league - pizzas chips etc (perfect for a fat bassa like me)

Bloody hell. I wouldn't fancy fielding after that. But you know it's a good cricket tea when the decision at the toss is based on what the tea is like.

Best I've has was Colne Valley a couple of years ago. Hot dogs, bacon sarnies, scones with proper clotted cream and jam, lovely. Bloody relieved we were batting 2nd there.

Boldon amazing, hotdogs, pizza, chips. Ice cream!
For a more healthy one, Castle Eden very nice, loads of fruit, and nice sarnies.

Worst, Peterlee, crisp sandwiches, and chicken wings with nee chicken on.

Best would be Belmont great spread and loads of it everyone seems to bring something a very well organised club. Worst would be wearmouths mainly due to the fact there wasn't anything to eat.

Best would be Belmont great spread and loads of it everyone seems to bring something a very well organised club. Worst would be wearmouths mainly due to the fact there wasn't anything to eat.

Was that not cos the big lads got there first ;)

Of senior league, coast league (as they were) and NEDL Id have to say Castle Eden.

I never got a look in at Boldon CA. Big lads got to the table before me.

Worst were the Harbour's. Never looked forward to Ray's cheese savoury sarnies (not sure what theyre like now or who does them).

In terms of the Premier, best are probably Chester or Benwell. Sunderland have been worst over the last couple of years but that should change with Amore restaurant doing them this year.

Is it compulsory that you have to buy a tea now?

It is yes otherwise clubs would lose money. I know some people think we should do away with them but definitely not as far as I'm concerned sometimes it's the only highlight of the day when you've got out for a duck then get stuffed

It is yes otherwise clubs would lose money. I know some people think we should do away with them but definitely not as far as I'm concerned sometimes it's the only highlight of the day when you've got out for a duck then get stuffed

Use to hell on back in the day when I first started playing where you would pitch up some place you knew the teas were shit and inform them our side only wanted one making and the rest would fuck off to the shop:lol:

[Worst were the Harbour's. Never looked forward to Ray's cheese savoury sarnies (not sure what theyre like now or who does them).

I second that

remember playing there a few years ago and tea at the harbour consisted of jam sandwiches and crisps

Last edited:

Ive no qualms with teas being compulsory but there should be a decent selection. Its a nightmare going to a ground, fielding first and opening the batting when there is only a selection of sausage rolls, corned beef pie, cheese and cake :lol:

Many a game where Ive paid me money and ended up having half a plain ham sandwich

Do little old ladies connected with the clubs still make them? I remember the ones at Silky many years ago were very much middle of the road like.

It tends to vary club to club. In some of the lower leagues lad from the home teams bring the tea that tends to be your sausage role and picnic egg type of stuff. Best teas are when the WAGS do them or they have a proper tea wife

Played at Horden on a Sunday and they had full Sunday dinner on. Spot on mind yorkshire puddings were great. Marsden also put an excellent tea on as well.

Played at Horden on a Sunday and they had full Sunday dinner on. Spot on mind yorkshire puddings were great. Marsden also put an excellent tea on as well.

Have put some canny teas on myself in my Brandon days. Yorkshire puds mince pie mash and peas on a few times with ice cream for pud
Always went down well (won best teas in HLSCL :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back