Cricket club looking for players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Many, many years ago, when I was but a babe in arms, my mother was chased out of that ground by angry home spectators because my dad, playing for the opposition, had hit three or four of their players on the head with bouncers.

Apparently she was married to an animal, I was the spawn of Satan, and all of our family (even the ones who lived in Silksworth) should have been shot at birth.

Nowadays, they'd have offered him few shillings to sign for them.

They had an opening bowler at Silksworth called Bruce Temple who could knock your head - good bowler. This was a lot of years ago.

I havent played since I was at school but would definitely be interested.

I'm assuming you train over the winter?

They had an opening bowler at Silksworth called Bruce Temple who could knock your head - good bowler. This was a lot of years ago.
He had the worst comb-over I've ever seen. From above one ear over the top of his head.

When he ran in to bowl it used to stream out behind him - couldn't bat for laughing.

He had the worst comb-over I've ever seen. From above one ear over the top of his head.

When he ran in to bowl it used to stream out behind him - couldn't bat for laughing.

That is true mind. I once took him for 19 in an over and he was tearing out what he had left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back