Creative players in a Red and White shirt

Might get pelters for this one but one of the most naturally skillful players for me would be Jan Kirchhoff.
I would have loved him at Sunderland for a couple seasons injury free, could have built a team around him.

Was that the free kick? video from West Ham end always cracks me up. “Hit it you fat Kernt” and so he did
No it was a a volley on the edge of the six yard box - Anton Ferdinand (playing for West Ham) tried to head it out but it just looped up and across the box, Reidy knocked it in from beyond the far post - IIRC four minutes of added time had been put up, and we were a minute or two after that when it went in, floated back over Monkwearmouth Bridge at the end of the game!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Very true, bloke wanted balls to feet and got a sore neck staring at balls going over his head, did he not score an overhead that day
I really can’t remember much about the match m8. But I agree re: Laslandes he wasn’t a bad player imho.

It was warm.
There were mags in the side stand to our right.
We went on the lash afterwards.

I really can’t remember much about the match m8. But I agree re: Laslandes he wasn’t a bad player imho.

It was warm.
There were mags in the side stand to our right.
We went on the lash afterwards.
It was warm, had a decent drink in their clubhouse before the game, don’t remember the Mags, standard practice these days, had to go out for dinner with my recently married wife, me and a mate who was down with his wife had to pretend to be sober. We had suggested to them a weekend at the seaside and to our surprise the Lads were in town for a pre-season friendly, well what are the chances...:lol:

It was warm, had a decent drink in their clubhouse before the game, don’t remember the Mags, standard practice these days, had to go out for dinner with my recently married wife, me and a mate who was down with his wife had to pretend to be sober. We had suggested to them a weekend at the seaside and to our surprise the Lads were in town for a pre-season friendly, well what are the chances...:lol:
Nice one! I was honest with my ex- Mrs so she knew that we were going to Devon at the same time as a pre season friendly. She has family in Torbay so we used to go there quite often.

Her brother was at Torquay United youth team at the same time as lee sharpe.

Back