Creative civil servants

“Earlier this year, Valencia authorities were forced to cancel an art show titled, “Love for Valencia: the works of a man who never worked”, after it emerged Mr Recio was the artist behind the exhibition.”

Eh?? :lol::lol:

Reminds me of a story where a bloke turned up every day to collect car parking fees at a council owned attraction. One day, stopped turning up, so management asked the council when they would be sending a replacement, only to be told, it's a free car park.

I've always hoped that story isn't an urban myth.

Not sure how true this is, but when I first started work in Durham I parked in the 'Lucas Car Park' which used to be on one side of Framwellgate next to the steps up to the Railway Station. It was the cheapest place to park in Durham - about 60p per day if I remember correctly.

Durham council sold the land to a developer to build the two- and three-storey townhouses that are there now. Problem was, it wasn't theirs to sell. Apparently, it belonged to some bloke in London who wrote to them a few months after the sale asking where his regular share of the money was from the parking meters.

They ended up having to pay him the money they got for selling the land plus an undisclosed amount for loss of future earnings.

As I said, it may be an urban myth, but the tale of what happened was all over the office I worked in for months afterwards.

It's like that bloke in America who took two jobs in the same building, but on different floors. Just swanned between the two for a few years until someone cottoned on.

It's like that bloke in America who took two jobs in the same building, but on different floors. Just swanned between the two for a few years until someone cottoned on.

That reminds me. I watched a documentary about a bloke in a similar line of work to you who would take on multiple contracts and work remotely. What he was actually doing was to then sub contract the work to China and do fuck all, but unfortunately he was taking on military and government work which was sensitive. Im sure he was tried for treason or such like.

:lol:

That reminds me. I watched a documentary about a bloke in a similar line of work to you who would take on multiple contracts and work remotely. What he was actually doing was to then sub contract the work to China and do fuck all, but unfortunately he was taking on military and government work which was sensitive. Im sure he was tried for treason or such like.

Lad I know did something similar. Got a job as a code writer and was just sending the work out to lads in India for peanuts. Was through a site that loads used at uni when we had to design/create websites.

Last edited:

Back