Creating a new hospitality section

Maybe so but i asked for an example of an ambitious club that reduces the size of their ground rather than expanding it?Its a simple answer really there isnt one!...........whatever we do it will be done on the cheap amd look a right lopsided mess unless we add some seats as well!Your not going to attract premium supporters to watch mediocre crap on the pitch so it will mostly done to attract concert business!
Didn't Man City do it at the etihad?

The East Stand doesn't have any infrastructure to accommodate boxes like kitchens, bars, etc like the inner workings of the West Stand to serve and cater for corporate boxes. It would mean large scale construction work to do it. I think the 52 boxes they have is sufficient. There is blocks of seats in the Premier Concourse that are not on sale for Season Tickets, they will probably replace the seats with padded ones in one of the blocks and that will be a new hospitality package.

I honestly hope they don’t do it yet, the current set up could be made so much better with investment. BCB overhaul, move the club shop to black cats house. They could use current club shop area for an open bar and food kiosks, seats for people to sit, put some kids games in there.

When I went on Man City’s tour, they had an area like that, during the week it was used as a meeting point for the tour. Then surely the long term goal should be to modify bigger areas of the stadium, create a tunnel club bar and lounge, more corporate offerings that way.

Maybe not the thread for it, I don't know. But pathetic if they do like. That money should be spent improving infrastructure and small businesses to make areas better, not stadiums for an industry worth billions of pounds!
I was being a bit sarcastic but I wouldn’t put it past them. They are banging on about investment in the 5g upgrades but I think it’s funded by a grant anyway.

I was being a bit sarcastic but I wouldn’t put it past them. They are banging on about investment in the 5g upgrades but I think it’s funded by a grant anyway.

They used/ wanted to the furlough scheme during the pandemic as well didn't they. Which still annoys me, when I see the cost of it and how much players will be on

I honestly hope they don’t do it yet, the current set up could be made so much better with investment. BCB overhaul, move the club shop to black cats house. They could use current club shop area for an open bar and food kiosks, seats for people to sit, put some kids games in there.

When I went on Man City’s tour, they had an area like that, during the week it was used as a meeting point for the tour. Then surely the long term goal should be to modify bigger areas of the stadium, create a tunnel club bar and lounge, more corporate offerings that way.
I think the North stand is reserved for away fans when we eventually get to the PL. that’s why there in no investment in the BCB. It will be away corporate.

This new venture will replace the BCB for home fans.

Man city with all their years of success do not fill their ground every week ..they have reached saturation point in terms of fan numbers..nomatter what they do in terms of success they cannot increase the gates ...........I would suggest that if sunderland had had the success man city had we would also reach a similar barrier as there is only so many people interested in football in the region and a lot of folk cannot afford it.... we get around 40 thousand every week to watch dross imagine how many we could attract if we were competitive.........The sol would be a magnificent place to watch football if it was expanded to the 6300 ( the ground would just look right)but i doubt we would ever fill it every week even with the success of man city!But what a stadium we would have to be proud of.......Personaly i think if they are adding boxes to the east stand it will be a lost opportunity if they dont add seats as well as it would only be a small part of the overall cost and would keep the symmetry of the ground intact!
Yet man City are extending their north stand. United, the scum, Luton, Birmingham and Chelsea all planning to or moving grounds.

I think the North stand is reserved for away fans when we eventually get to the PL. that’s why there in no investment in the BCB. It will be away corporate.

This new venture will replace the BCB for home fans.
When I sat in there the last few seasons, the rumours were it was going to be boxes.

Yet man City are extending their north stand. United, the scum, Luton, Birmingham and Chelsea all planning to or moving grounds.
im sayimg clubs with ambition expand those who dont expand ,consolidate and max revenue from what they have got!
Didn't Man City do it at the etihad?
Short term but they are increasing capacity again!
Much will depend on the terms of the lease the club has. There were clearly no problems in extending the North Stand, and the club has had outline planning permission for extending the East and South Stand since Murray was owner. In practical terms, any extensions shouldn't have planning problems.
Its well known that they built the north stand extension when they did (diverting funds that should have been spent on team)because bob knew the aquatic centre was in the offing and believed planning permission would not be granted if the aquatic centre had been built first.....You were wrong about the ownership of the car park and i think you are wrong (80% confident)about having planing permission for the east stand ..they do i think have permission to extend the south stand but that wont happen first thats for sure as any boxes seats will have half an eye on the concerts and the south stand is behind the stage.

Last edited:
im sayimg clubs with ambition expand those who dont expand ,consolidate and max revenue from what they have got!

Short term but they are increasing capacity again!

Its well known that they built the north stand extension when they did (diverting funds that should have been spent on team)because bob knew the aquatic centre was in the offing and believed planning permission would not be granted if the aquatic centre had been built first.....You were wrong about the ownership of the car park and i think you are wrong (80% confident)about having planing permission for the east stand ..they do i think have permission to extend the south stand but that wont happen first thats for sure as any boxes seats will have half an eye on the concerts and the south stand is behind the stage.
The planning for the south stand has well expired, there is no planning in the portal for any other development in and around the stadium apart from the black cat house turning into the club shop which was 4-5 years ago

The planning for the south stand has well expired, there is no planning in the portal for any other development in and around the stadium apart from the black cat house turning into the club shop which was 4-5 years ago
I thought there was a way round the time constraints of the planning thing if you put your plans get permission then start some of the work but stop ..and all you have to do is return to work at some later date ?????

The Car Park behind the East Stand is owned by the (HCA) The Homes and Communities Agency but there isn't actually a named official road as such there, its flat land with road markings and SAFC have the long term lease and if needed would be able to extend out to accommodate any expansion. I know Bob Murray recently had a meeting with the Council about the Sheepfolds development incurring onto to the land south of Millennium Way as he was concerned it could hamper the future development of the South Stand.

I thought the reason our police bills were massively higher than the Mags (and others) is because we had to pay them to police the areas outside the ground that we owned whereas the Mags own bot all around theirs?

I thought there was a way round the time constraints of the planning thing if you put your plans get permission then start some of the work but stop ..and all you have to do is return to work at some later date ?????
The plans for the south stand are nearly 20 years old...we wouldn't want to use them they'd be old and dated....writing this watching this god damn awful match...seagulls put 5 mins in

Back