CRC / colonoscopy advice

had 2 without sedative both times watched it on the screen they blow air up to inflate your colon so they can get the camera round bends, expelling this afterwards i sounded like the brass riff off 'boogie wonderland'

"We're just about to go around a corner, this might be uncomfortable"

Understatement :lol:

Anar.

2l of the stuff for tea.

Has anyone made a clear soup to drink before their's? I was thinking about simmering some veg up and straining the liquid through this afternoon to sup later.

Last edited by a moderator:
"We're just about to go around a corner, this might be uncomfortable"

Understatement :lol:

Anar.

2l of the stuff for tea.

Has anyone made a clear soup to drink before their's? I was thinking about simmering some veg up and straining the liquid through this afternoon to sup later.

I bought some weight watchers soup, it's mainly water anyway, then I just poured it through a seive. Easy peasy. 👍

Hope it goes well. Just had my first one 2-3 weeks ago. Suprep was a beast of a clean out - 2 doses, one the evening before, 4-5 hours sleep, and then another at 2 in the morning, and I was still going 15-20 mins before the procedure. Don't know if it's a US thing but I was knocked out completely for it, so I didn;t see anything on the camera. Woke up in the recovery room. Ringpiece was a disaster for a week after :eek:

Hope it goes well. Just had my first one 2-3 weeks ago. Suprep was a beast of a clean out - 2 doses, one the evening before, 4-5 hours sleep, and then another at 2 in the morning, and I was still going 15-20 mins before the procedure. Don't know if it's a US thing but I was knocked out completely for it, so I didn;t see anything on the camera. Woke up in the recovery room. Ringpiece was a disaster for a week after :eek:
Does the camera operator still write?

Bovril counts as clear fluid and it's filling. I usually drink Bovril instead of a meal.

I've had one in Germany and you get knocked out there too.

Bovril counts as clear fluid and it's filling. I usually drink Bovril instead of a meal.

Ah that’s a great shout. Im isolating beforehand so can’t nip out. Got Marmite in like. Wonder how that tastes...

Oh this has brought back memories. I can laugh about it now but at the time ...
It wasn't the worst procedure I've ever had but just as pregnant women have to do pelvic floor exercises I'd practise yer bum cleches for a few days beforehand.
Reminds me of a very old joke.
'I thought the bottom had fallen out of my world when the wife left me but after 10 pints of Watneys Red Barrel I thought the world had fallen out of my bottom.'
It's similar.

Oh I'm sure. I'll be having the sedative (don't mind needles really) and all that and it isn't my first rodeo. Having a covid swab and needing to isolate beforehand has probably just added a few extra anxiety % points like.
You'd think I'd have learned by now but I had a new procedure a couple weeks ago and they asked if I wanted something to relax me, but I said no. Similar to an angiogram where they put a wire in your wrist and into your heart for a poke about. Had that a couple of times and it's no bother. This one was the same apart from they induced angina for three minutes (twice).
I was confident I could cope with a bit chest pain for a few minutes, I wasn't prepared for my chest caving in and me not being able to breathe (whilst wearing a face mask as well). :eek:
It was over quickly but it wasn't pleasant at all.
I will always take a sedative when offered now.:lol:

Had the camera down my throat this morning.
The sedative did fuck all at the time. Although I've had a canny kip this afternoon.
Mind, I'm always totally knackered so any excuse to go to bed.

Phospho soda is what I was given. Absolute rocket fuel. It projectiled out quicker than an ISS orbit.

The sedative helps. It chills you and also relaxes all the muscles. You do feel something, of course, but in my case it was more like a 'take your breath away' feeling rather than pain.

Back