CRC / colonoscopy advice

Take the sedative. They’re straight up there without any foreplay. Not even a kiss. We all watched on the telly on the wall. Students and everything. They found a polyp and lanced it off there and then. They even gave me a colour print out. It was all very clean but ribby. As in ribbed. Still got the pic in me shoebox.

The farts mate. The farts...
I had mine done without sedatives and watched the W(hole) thing on the telly, afterwards I had to wait until I passed wind before I could leave hospital, young nurses sat outside and being a gentleman I couldn't fart while they were near, so I said I had and they let me go, I was so full of air I couldn't fasten me pants, anyway I left Shotley Bridge and farted, I was still having the same fart when I got to Blackhall Mill. :eek:
Oh and that stuff you take beforehand, well it takes a while to get started but once it does you had better make sure you can get to the loo in World Record time

Start the preparation an hour before you are supposed to because it goes on for forever.

Do not wear anything that needs unbuckling or unbuttoning, it needs to be pulled straight down.

Do not stay downstairs if your toilet is upstairs.

Dab your arse do not wipe because you'll be very sore if you keep wiping.

When they say relax don't laugh because you push the pipe out. 🥺

I had mine done without sedatives and watched the W(hole) thing on the telly, afterwards I had to wait until I passed wind before I could leave hospital, young nurses sat outside and being a gentleman I couldn't fart while they were near, so I said I had and they let me go, I was so full of air I couldn't fasten me pants, anyway I left Shotley Bridge and farted, I was still having the same fart when I got to Blackhall Mill. :eek:
Oh and that stuff you take beforehand, well it takes a while to get started but once it does you had better make sure you can get to the loo in World Record time

I remember taking that stuff and thinking... How effective could it be? A minute later, nothing. Then I think: I wonder if its possible to try and fight it when it foes feel like I need to go?

Then, suddenly... nope that's not going to happen.

I have never, ever, run that fast.
Start the preparation an hour before you are supposed to because it goes on for forever.

Do not wear anything that needs unbuckling or unbuttoning, it needs to be pulled straight down.

Do not stay downstairs if your toilet is upstairs.

Dab your arse do not wipe because you'll be very sore if you keep wiping.

When they say relax don't laugh because you push the pipe out. 🥺

When they pushed it in, I think I said something along the lines of 'now tell me how bad I've been'.

Last edited:
Found it a relative doddle
Followed the instructions to clean you out then had gas and air and left straight after
I seem to remember about 5 seconds of thinking this isn't fun and that's it

I had it 20+ years ago, its unpleasant but survivable.
The memories of picolax will last a lifetime.
I remember the notes said something like "you may want to have a toilet nearby", no shit sherlock 🌅🌄
This , had one at washy hospital. To be fair I don't remember the procedure being that bad ...maybe I've blocked it out :lol:

Drink plenty of clear fluids in the week before the test so you're fully hydrated.

Follow the diet sheet you'll be given to the letter. If you don't prep properly, you'll have to go through it all again.

Don't plan on doing anything when you take the laxatives. It's brutal. You'll feel like Satan himself is unleashing himself from your arsehole. I also go shivery cold during this phase so have warm clothing on and a blanket handy.

Keep drinking plain water during the laxative phase and until your nil by mouth time.

Sedative is good as it makes you relaxed. You're still awake and still aware of what's going on but feel slightly pissed and chilled out.

Don't be alarmed if you hear them saying they are taking samples for biopsy. This is normal and it doesn't mean they've found cancer.

You'll need someone to pick you up if you have sedative and you can't drive etc., for 24 hours afterwards.

Best of luck xx

Sums it up perfectly, like all procedures I’ve had the thought of it is worse than the procedure itself. With a colonoscopy the worse bit by far is the laxative process, make sure that you’re close very close to the toilet

Sums it up perfectly, like all procedures I’ve had the thought of it is worse than the procedure itself. With a colonoscopy the worse bit by far is the laxative process, make sure that you’re close very close to the toilet
I'd had a tummy bug just before so ended up going about a week fasting so when I took the laxatives and stuff it didn't have much work to do.

I had a routine bowel screening today. With the amount of air they used, I thought I was going to fly around the room like a balloon when it came out. Also when he was using the water jet to blast away little bits of matter so they can see if there's anything behind them, I was thinking "I wonder if he used to play asteroids". A bit of a different procedure, not too bad

I felt great after the laxative process but was starving. I was told I couldn't eat anything for a while and would have to stay in longer if I had the sedative, so took it like a champ and then went for Sunday's dinner.

It's not a great experience and can't imagine the sedative making it much more pleasant.

:lol:

This thread's putting me at ease :lol: :lol:

I've got my 3rd one tomorrow and was beginning to panic a little. Can't wait to crack my first tin of Moviprep at 5pm now.

You will be fine... Don't worry mate.

Oh I'm sure. I'll be having the sedative (don't mind needles really) and all that and it isn't my first rodeo. Having a covid swab and needing to isolate beforehand has probably just added a few extra anxiety % points like.

Oh I'm sure. I'll be having the sedative (don't mind needles really) and all that and it isn't my first rodeo. Having a covid swab and needing to isolate beforehand has probably just added a few extra anxiety % points like.
I was offered the sedative... But didn't need it ... And I'm a coward.. You will be fine... Good luck x

Back